Bold Baby Boy Blanket

simonssez

Thanks all! I was excited with how it turned out!

The pattern is from leisure arts leaflet 1072, the rainbow set. You can purchase a downloadable file online here

I have that pattern also. Looking at yours makes me want to start it. I just love the colors you used. Great Job:cheer:yes :clap Thanx for mentioning what yarn you used. That helps me, because I didn't know what kind of yarn to use. I wanted to use something soft.

Carol:hook

Thank you, I have that pattern book. I have always looked at the pattern but never in a million years thought it would turn out looking like that. Thanks again.:hug:hook

Looks great! Love the bright colors! I actually have one in pastel colors, someone gave it to me when I had one of my babies, I've always wanted to try and duplicate it but haven't quite figured it out yet, lol. Did you use baby yarn, or ww? If using ww, can you tell me about how much yarn you went through and how big the blanket ended up? I have a 2 1/2 year old I'd like to make one for, but it would need to be bigger than 28". Thanks!

Looks great! Love the bright colors! I actually have one in pastel colors, someone gave it to me when I had one of my babies, I've always wanted to try and duplicate it but haven't quite figured it out yet, lol. Did you use baby yarn, or ww? If using ww, can you tell me about how much yarn you went through and how big the blanket ended up? I have a 2 1/2 year old I'd like to make one for, but it would need to be bigger than 28". Thanks!

I actually didn't use either. LOL I used lionbrand cotton ease which is a lightweight cotton/acrylic blend. I used not quite a whole skein of each of the colors, and about 1/4 of a skein of the taupe since it's the one I used the most of. I didn't think to measure it but I'd say it was roughly about 20" or so square. It's easy to continuing adding rounds to this pattern though!

I love your colors! It looks kind of southwestern in the pic in the blue room. I've made this so many times over the years, 2 of them fitting a full size bed! Love it! Good job!

That is a neat pattern! And I like the way you chose to do it without the square corners. The colors really make the geometric pattern stand out, too!

That is a neat pattern! And I like the way you chose to do it without the square corners. The colors really make the geometric pattern stand out, too!

I agree with Cocoa. Leaving off the square corners makes it very sophisticated for a baby. No wonder your friend uses it so much! You did a great job with it!!

Thanks all! I was excited with how it turned out!

The pattern is from leisure arts leaflet 1072, the rainbow set. You can purchase a downloadable file online here

Thank you for that wonderful link! I love everything on there! I want most of the cross stitch patterns too! lol Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Archived