New to the message board

Threecats

Hi, my name is Ann. I have been crocheting since about 1970. I taught myself from a book and I don't hold the hook the normal way but I get my projects done. I haven't crocheted for a long while, but I'm ready to get into it again. My daughter recently asked me to teach her to sew and she also wants to learn to crochet. Nice to meet you all. Thanks for letting me join the group. :hook

H... I don't hold the hook the normal way .... :hook

I believe that "normal" has now changed since you self-taught and includes every which way to hold the hook. I used to think it was some sort of snobbery that said it had to be held like a pencil or else it was "wong". It always hurt my hand to do so.

:hi and :welcome to the 'ville!! I don't hold my hook the "correct way"!! I do try every now and then,but it hurts my hand!! As long as you get the project done--right!!:)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm glad to be part of the community here. I already found a pattern for slippers (just in time for the cold weather) that I have been looking for since I lost my original years ago. I love to make slippers, they are so much fun and you can make them in so many different colors.

Ann

Hi and Welcome, crocheting and sewing?? My two favorites, love to combine them, linens with edgings, crochet teddys with sewn clothes, so many combinations, it is limitless... Enjoy, I am sure you will have a lot to share...

Archived