Mother's Day Diaper Bag

dorayme

I have been searching for a pattern and design for a diaper bag for this fabric: Alexander Henry's Mother's Day pictured to the left below. I was originally planning to sew one but I couldn't find a coordinating fabric that I loved. I finally gave up and designed a crochet one of my very own.:hook

Here's the bag! I still have to sew the lining. If any of you have any tips for lining crocheted bags please let me know. I'm dying to get the lining done and carry this! This will be the 4th diaper bag I've made, but the first that I've crocheted!

I used Lily Sugar N Cream in 8 colors. It took one ball of each color except for the black, I just barely needed a few yards from a 2nd ball. I used hdc on most of the bag except sc for the 1st row after the foundation chain and the edging for the handle for stability. The bag measures 24" across the bottom, 13 inches from the bottom to the top of the opening and 23 inches from the top of the handle to the bottom of the bag while resting in this position. It took me 3 evenings to complete.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/dorayme/9384bea0.jpg

I love, love, LOVE your bag! :manyheart

Great job! :) I'm going to try my hand at making one for my cousin and her new baby.

-Wendy :yay

Love your bag AND the fabric! WHen I line a bag, I usually measure the entire bag, then sew together the lining a *tad* smaller than those measurements and it fits great.

Bec

OMG...that is awesome. I would use that as an everyday bag! And the colors are gorgeous and the lining is perfect for it. That is just great! I love it. :hook

I found the fabric when searching for breastfeeding fabric. It has mother's of all ages and stages from pregnancy to grandmotherhood mixed into the floral pattern. This yardage I picked up on eBay from two different sellers.

As far as a pattern. . . I'm trying to decide if I can figure it out whether or not I can make it clear to others.

Archived