North Carolina??

Yarnbender

Hey just wondering if there were any Carolinians around?? I live in Salisbury, NC. About 45 minutes outside of Charlotte. Just curious what was going on around me, most of my neighboors are cows!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Beautiful Downtown Cedar Grove here. That's just north of Chapel Hill for those of you who are wondering.

My husband has relatives in Chapel Hill. Beautiful area. We are hoping to retire there in about 15 years.

I am from Asheboro NC not to far away from you. Small town here only thing the town has going for it I think is the NC Zoo, and I have not visited the Zoo in years.

Now that's just not true - you all have Hobby Lobby! :hookIt's the closest one to where I live - which is southwest Wake County. About 15 min from Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Raleigh etc. There are NO Hobby Lobbys around here! Charlotte has one too - we pass both on our way to Hendersonville to visit DH's family. We don't pass any on way to Beaufort to visit my folks :(!

And I used to live in Leland (across river from Wilmington)- so a shout out to the one in Calabash - our church used to go to Myrtle to shop the outlets and we ALWAYS stopped at Calabash on the way home for dinner.:fork:knife:spoon

True, so true Tiggerhale. I hate to say it but I forgot about Hobby Lobby. I don't know how since I buy a lot of my yarn at Hobby Lobby, Walmart is the only other place to get yarn here in Asheboro. This week they have a 40% off coupon and Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels for .99 cent wow I am trying to stay away I have signed up for a sock class at Stitch Point in Greensboro I want to learn how to knit socks.

• 11 months later...

We have a crochet guild of America group that meets the first Saturday of the month at the York county Library at Baxter Village in rock Hill., sc (near Charlotte, NC

For info call Treva McCain @ 704-219-6322 Trevacrochet @aol.com

Archived