Boyfriend's Afghan

thelittlewriter

Finally, after a summer of working (and then a month off to read the HP series) I finished my boyfriend's afghan! I used three shades of blue Carron Simply Soft (and spent way more on it than I should have) and the basketweave stitch (which I now hate with a passion). I gave it to him yesterday and I can tell that he loves it. He said he's packing it for his semester in England, and I'm glad! I made it to keep him warm, and I hope it does its job!

th_afghan001.jpg

th_afghan003.jpg

Close-up on the stitch

I'm working on an afghan that has a basketweave panel. I can understand how you'd hate the stitch after making an entire 'ghan in it. It's a tricky stitch that tires my wrist.

But the effect is terrific. You did a fabulous job. It's beautiful!!! Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Finally, after a summer of working (and then a month off to read the HP series) I finished my boyfriend's afghan! I used three shades of blue Carron Simply Soft (and spent way more on it than I should have) and the basketweave stitch (which I now hate with a passion). I gave it to him yesterday and I can tell that he loves it. He said he's packing it for his semester in England, and I'm glad! I made it to keep him warm, and I hope it does its job!

th_afghan001.jpg

th_afghan003.jpg

Close-up on the stitch

Wow, is that ever a pretty color, and it looks so soft and cuddly. I am glad your bf loves it and will cherish it. Good Job.:clap

I love the basketweave stitch. You're right that it takes a lot of yarn, but it should be really warm and snuggly. I have never thought about doing it in more than one color. It makes for an interesting pattern in the stripe. Did you edge it? If so, how?

Archived