hotpads

crochetfun

Thank you.:)

They aren't as nice as they are practical. I find that you can get a real good grip with them. After deciding that I would never make crocheted kitchen items I made a lot of these for friends and family.

I've made a few of those (Magic Squares) but it never occurred to me to leave them open and not sew the edges together. That's a cool idea!

What a great idea! I've made the magic square before but I had not seen that particular pattern until now. :)

Thank you.

It was posted fairly recently.

I love her site. I'd love to get going on Tunisian crochet.

Hey, those look great! I like the pocket things rather than just using a tea towel where some part of my finger always gets burnt :(

I usually make mine like that except I sew up the opening I never thought to leave it open so you could put your hands inside. Good idea! :cheer

:frog

Thanks.

The actual reason why it was left open was that I never finished reading the pattern, just crocheted till I was finished (or rather: I thought I was), liked what I saw, made a few more in small(microwave size) and bigger (oven size).

Then I thought if I had little kids, they could be decorated w. eyes/mouths/noses/ears and make great little hand puppets.

Another idea: while I was making the bigger ones, there is a stage where it could be turned into cute little slippers. (but for that I would need some time to experiment)

These look like so much fun! and so cute for the kitchen! I"ve got to whip some of these up when I get a chance. The pattern is definately going in my to do file!:hook . . . but alas the file is so thick when will I ever get the chance to make it all!

For those of you who would like to make it, it is better to double up the yarn.

Great work - yet another item to add to my list to do!

Thanks for the advice above....guess I need to go out and buy some more cotton....my checkbook thanks you for letting it get used :D

my checkbook thanks you for letting it get used :D

I know what you mean. :lol

(I had to get really strict with myself because of cost and lack of storage space, so now my rule is to buy only as much or less yarn that I had used in that particular week. )

The mini hotpad (microwave) seems to be fine w. one strand of cotton.

The big one is better w. double.

I am printing this pattern off! I am constantly trying to pull bowls and stuff out of the micro and can never quite get a grip on them with regular hot pads.

Very nice!!!

Archived