Carol Ventura

Motif and project design on blog

Question

14 answers to this question

I just looked thru your entire blog! You are AWESOME!

What a wonderfully inspirational blog! I've always wanted to try my hand at tapestry crochet, but I'm chicken.

I recommend that you try the felted amulet bag at

http://iweb.tntech.edu/cventura/amulet.html that includes links to

tutorials. I also suggest you join the free group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TapestryCrochet/ and look through the old messages at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TapestryCrochet/ and post your own questions and accomplishments! I hope you will give it a try!!!

Thanks!

Carol,

First and foremost, I must say you are a very talented lady. Reading your blog has introduced me to new and exciting ideas that have been in my head but wasn't able to connect to the world of fiber art. The visions that are floating through my brain at this moment have got me itching to get to the yarn store to buy wire and thread to start working on them. Unfortunately, I am at work and can't just run out the door. So I will sit here and sketch designs on my printer paper, then maybe scan it into photoshop and play with there. I am just too excited to really work now.

So unique...so beautiful...awesome work !!! Thanks for sharing!

Carol also has some great videos available on youtube! I watched a couple of them yesterday, and it really has me inspired to do some home decor type projects with tapestry crochet.

We'll eventually be redoing our living room in an African safari type theme (inspired by Animal Kingdom Lodge at Disney World), and I'd love to have some little baskets with African motifs on them.

Hey, Carol, do you ever teach any local classes on Saturdays? If you do, I might just have to get myself up to Cookeville sometime! :)

Carol, I've always admired your work and your writing is lovely, as well. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.

Last week, I had a chance to read Carol's blog and learn more about her fascinating life and beautiful work. You're an inspiration, Carol!

Thanks! I really enjoy blogging about tapestry crochet. I have total freedom to say what I want and can add lots of colorful pictures! I'm so glad you enjoy reading it!

That is some cool stuff. I love how our craft & art unite us throughout the world!

Carol, some day I would love to drag myself up to TN Tech and meet you in person! You're really not that far away from me!

If you ever have to come down to Huntsville to go to UAH or AAMU or Oakwood College for any reason, give me a call and maybe we can do lunch.

PS: We have a bead store and 2 yarn stores I can take you to!