Susan Bates hook w/bamboo handle?

I have those hooks... I have fibro and my hands/wrists hurt a lot...

My children got them for me for Christmas at Hobby Lobby, $2.49 ea:crocheting

I have G-L

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are great hooks. I've been using the K size for my afghan (round ripple in red, white and blue) and it's great.

:manyheart

I too am a Boye girl, but i kept seeing them in Hobby Lobby everytime i went....well today it got the better of me and i bought the K hook. Before when i had tried to use a bates hook, it didn't go smoothly, but i must say...this new K hook for some reason just glides so smoothly...so i might just have to be half Boye half Bates...cause i really do like it! :D

I picked up H,I,J and K sizes. These are the best of both worlds for me. I have always liked the Bates head style but they were so short that the way I hold the hook, the end of it would dig into my palm so I started using the Boye hooks which are longer and would extend past my palm, I just didn't like the head style as much. Now these bamboo Bates are just perfect for me...very very happy with them :hook:hook

I just went to Hobby Lobby and got another for my collection. I picked up size M, and I used a 40% off coupon. So that gives me I, J, K, L & M.

I just compared my Boye and Bates, and the Boye N is the same mm size as the Bates M. That is a good thing, since I am using my Boye N on a 2 strander. That means I can now use my Bamboo handle Bates on it :clap:clap

And to think that I always preferred Boye over Bates, and now I have a hard time using Boye after using the bates for so long :scrachin

I finally received the set of 8 from Herrschners. 8 for $12.+ and shipping of $6.+ Yikes, but boy, they are worth it. I HATE working with (larger) plastic hooks and these really fit the bill.

I finally broke down & ordered the set from Herrschners. Guess I'm cheap but I really hate to pay that much for shipping, but the price for the hooks was a bargain. I bought a M hook at HL a few weeks ago and I love it. Can't wait for the set to get here, as I want to start a new project and am waiting on the smaller hooks. I don't want to use anything else! :hook

Archived