Susan Bates hook w/bamboo handle?

Has anyone used the Susan Bates crochet hook with Bamboo handle, my dh just bought me one in my favorite size K I have RA and this hook is GREAT for me. and It was only around 3$ it has a very comfortable grip.

I've included a pic, not sure what size that one is mine is green w/bamboo handle. If anyone has used it, I'd like to know what you think

yhst-73078103945512_1964_60228706

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't have one yet but would like to get a complete set. Glad to hear that you like it. Where did he get it? I know I can get them online.

My local A.C. Moore I looked at his sales slip it was $2.99:yay

I just saw these recently in a magazine (can't remember which magazine!) and would love to find them locally. I looked for them at Joann's but they didn't have any. We don't have an A.C. Moore!

I just saw these recently in a magazine (can't remember which magazine!) and would love to find them locally. I looked for them at Joann's but they didn't have any. We don't have an A.C. Moore!

what about a Michaels store?

Those were in last month's issue of Crochet Today, (I think) :think I can't find them anywhere around here ( southwestern Pa) I would really like to try them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love those unfortunately the Michael's in Annapolis just does not have a very good hook selection. AC Moore's is in Glenn Burnie and is a pain to get to. I really wish someone would put one on The Eastern Shore preferrably near Kent Island! The old Safeway building is still up for grabs!

I got one in the cotton swap I was in. I love it. It feels warm against the hand and it is so comfortable with my grip. I hold my hooks like pencils.

I would love to see this with the steele hooks.:hook

There is a Michael's close by...I will stop there and look for the hooks..not that I NEED any more hooks, but I WANT to try at least one!

Me too! If you look in today's paper, there is a 50% off coupon for Sunday and Monday only. It might be worth the trip!

:manyheart

Don't have one yet but would like to get a complete set. Glad to hear that you like it. Where did he get it? I know I can get them online.

I just ordered a complete set for $12.97 from Coats and Clark! Can't wait to try them!

Because we have a wall of bamboo at our house, and because I have lots of hooks, I am attempting to make my own bamboo handle. So far, I have sliced my finger on the bamboo and didn't know it (bamboo can be SHARP and ITCHY) until I found my hand completely covered in blood! :eek I am waiting for the bamboo to dry out and then will finish sanding smooth and seal with something.

With all that work, $13 + shipping for 8 hooks is a FANTASTIC DEAL!!

I picked up a G at my local ACMoore when they first got them (they sell them for $2.49). and I love it. Works perfectly for me with the way I hold my hook. Once I can afford to I want to buy more!

Yesterday was our anniversary and my hubby ordered the set for me from Coats and Clark. Haven't got them yet but I am eagerly awaiting them!!!

I called yesterday to order them an they told me that they are on backorder until the end of September :(

:( Yup. I e-mailed them because, although I received a confirmation e-mail about the order, I couldn't find anything on my account about the shipping. They said something about 10/9!

Oh, well. I cannot find them locally, so, what else can I do.

I ordered my last night and the online invoice said that they're currently IN stock. :confused I got an order confirmation e-mail, but nothing else. I guess I can wait until early October for them to ship, after DH gets paid again. :blush:D

Archived