Little dolls pattern

Marona

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been working on the doll and I'm confused about how many rows should be on the body. It says to do 6 rows for a boy and 2 for a girl but then it says to continue for 7 rows. Does that mean crocheting the same amount of stitches or is that about changing the colors?

Has anyone made this and can you help with this pattern, it is so cute but I am so confused on how many rows to make, etc. so any help and what size hook to use. Thanks for any help

Has anyone made this doll, she is so cute but I am confused with the directions. If you have made it can you post your directions please, I would love to make this for my granddaughter. Thanks

If anyone makes this doll please post pics and what hook and yarn you used. The directions are not too clear to me. Thanks

I did make this doll and it really looks nothing like the picture. I too was confused by the directions. I haven't had the time to really pick through it and determine the errors. Mine is clothless sitting in a drawer. :( I will try to work another one up and post what I can, when I can. Good luck to all.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this doll it's so cute. I have been making pom pom dolls for my son's playgroup friends for the girls birthday this year. I might just have to swich over to these now. How long do they take to make?

So cute. I'm so glad i found this forum so I can see all the cute little toys and dolls people are making. I just want to make on of each.

Ho Cor, Thanks for to improve my pattern. I don´t have problems if you post the corrections. . Now I have lots of work, and o would be happy if your corrections can help to understand this pattern.

Thanks you.

Marona

As you can see i got permission to post the updated version of this pattern. I would suggest 2.50 mm/B hook and sport weight. I think this would be cute in thread as well. I would suggest 1.00 mm and crochet thread 10. If there are still some difficulties with the pattern please pm me, as I haven't actually written the pattern, I just made it easier to read and added in the materials needed.

Cora :crocheting:hook

Here it is:

Little dolls pattern

Sc- single crochet

Sc-inc: single increase

Sc-dec: single decrease

Ch- Chain

The beginning of the toy is from shoes.

Materials:

· US D/3.00 hook

· Worsted Weight yarn: Small amounts

o Shoe color

o Dress Color

o Body Color

o Skin color

o Hair color

· Tapestry Needle

Shoe

Rnd 1. - stitch 2 chains.

Rnd 2. - make 7sc into the first ch made. Join with 1 sl st into the first ch made. (8 points)

Rnd 3. -Ch 1(count as first sc),*2 sc-inc, 1 sc,*,repeat, join with a sl into the first sc.( 12 points)

Rnd 4. -Ch 1,*2sc ,2sc-inc*,repeat. (17 points).

Rnd 5. -Ch 1, 6sc, *2sc-dec*(3 times), 5sc.

Rnd 6. -Ch 1,4sc, *2sc-dec*(3 times), 5 sc.

Rnd 7. -Ch 1,4sc, *2sc-dec*(3 times), 3sc. (11 points).

This is one shoe. Make two.

Continue with other color to make the leg.

Rnd 1. - make 11 sc on the shoe.

Rnd 2.- ch 1, 3sc, 2sc-inc, 4sc, 2sc in next ch, 1sc.

Rnd 3.-ch 1, 12 sc. (13 points)

Rnd 4.-ch 1, 1sc, 2sc-inc, 4 sc, 2sc in next ch, 5 sc.

Rnd 5.- ch 1, 14sc. ( 15 points)

The leg is done, make other same way.

Join both legs sewing 5 points at middle.

Continue same color.

Body Boys instructions first (girls in brackets)

Crochet 20 sc,

Make boy sc for 6 rows

Make girl sc for 2 rows

Changes color.

Crochet in sc 7 rows same way.

Rnd 11 (8). - decrease 4 sc at random. (for girl sc in the back loops, this round only)

Rnd 12 (9). - decrease 4 sc at random.

Rnd 13 (10). - decrease 4 sc at random.

Rnd 14 (11). - crochet 8 sc. Cut the yarn

(To make the skirt for the girl doll )

Foundation rnd: Attach yarn in rnd 8 in the unused loops. Make sure the doll head is facing up. 2sc in each unused loop (32 sc)

Rnds 1-5: sc around

Rnd 6: 3 sc in each sc, fasten off, weave in ends.

Arms. Make two.

Beginning with skin color.

Rnd 1.- stitch 2 chains.

Rnd 2.-make 7 sc into the first ch made.

Rnd 3.- join with 1sl st into the first ch made ( 8 points).

Rnd 4.- ch 1, 7sc.

change color.

Rnd 5.-ch1, 2sc-dec, 1sc, 2sc-dec, 2sc.

Rnd 6.-ch1, 2sc-inc, 1sc, 2sc-inc, 2sc (8 points)

Rnd 7.- ch1, 7 sc.

Rnd 8.- ch1,*1sc, 2sc-inc*,( 4 times).( 12 points)

Rnd 9.- ch1, 11sc.Cut the yarn.

Head.

Rnd 1.- stitch 2 chains.

Rnd 2.- make 7sc into the first ch made.

Rnd 3.-join with 1 sl st into the first ch made.(8 points)

Rnd 4.-ch1(count as first sc),*1sc,2sc-inc in next ch,*( 4 times),join with a sl into the first sc.( 12 points)

Rnd 5.-ch1,*2sc,2sc-inc*,(4 times), 1sc. (17 points).

Rnd 6.-ch1,*3sc,2sc-inc *,( 4 times) 2sc. (22 points)

Rnd 7.-ch, *4sc, 2sc-inc,*( 4 times), 3sc.( 27 points)

Rnd 8.-ch 1,* 4sc, 1sc-dec* , (3 times )

Rnd 9.-ch *3sc, 1sc-dec*,(3 times)

Rnd 10.-ch1,*2sc,1sc-dec* (3 times) and cut. Take all points with a needle and close.

• 3 weeks later...

That is one of the cutest dolls I've ever seen! I love crocheted dolls and toys, but I never have time to make any. So I look at others' talent and just sigh...

• 1 month later...

That is the CUTEST little doll I have ever seen!! I will definitely be making some of those for my DD. Thank you so much for the pattern.

-trina

ETA: I just saw crafty126's post, that is a great idea putting one in the stocking for Christmas! I love crochetville!!

Archived