The Experimental Corset

ladylinoleum

He might even start encouraging me to crochet a little more often....

;)

Are you going to sell that pattern? I'd love to try it!

Great job!!!!!!:yes

regina, sweetie you never fail to amaze me with your talent, i love that corset and maybe now will make dd one(i would look like a cow in one, but might help my back who knows lol,) seriously sweetie you did a fantastic job as always.:hug:hug:hug:hug

Wow! Looks great! (And can I say... 3" to big... you go!) I am a little worried about the stretch factor of crochet though... The one I have for going to Ren Faires is a heavy woven fabric and is under quite a bit of strain. I'd be worried you wouldn't get the support you'd want... but as an outer garment, that's probably OK.

regina, sweetie you never fail to amaze me with your talent, i love that corset and maybe now will make dd one(i would look like a cow in one, but might help my back who knows lol,) seriously sweetie you did a fantastic job as always.:hug:hug:hug:hug

Thanks so much Vicki! Means a lot to me coming from you!!!

Wow! Looks great! (And can I say... 3" to big... you go!) I am a little worried about the stretch factor of crochet though... The one I have for going to Ren Faires is a heavy woven fabric and is under quite a bit of strain. I'd be worried you wouldn't get the support you'd want... but as an outer garment, that's probably OK.

I am going to have to add boning to the finished garment. Fortunately there is a corset store right near my home so I can go in there and pick up the boning I need. Otherwise there will will be a "roll factor".

I really really like that....... Please let us know when the pattern is available....... That is something I would make for myself. Well done Regina. Think you have a winner there, and congrats on the 3 inches.

That is what I'm working toward!

Keep us posted on selling that pattern! As for the stretch factor, I don't think I'd have it on long enough to worry about! :D

I really really like that....... Please let us know when the pattern is available....... That is something I would make for myself. Well done Regina. Think you have a winner there, and congrats on the 3 inches.

Thanks my dear! This is the beginning of what I hope to be a whole suite of patterns. First time out, not bad. I need to standardize the individual panel shaping so that I can easily translate the overall corset into five sizes, give or take. Should be an interesting exercise if nothing else.

That looks great! :cheer

I've been meaning to get around to making a corset from a pattern I bought on Stitchdiva.com. The pattern uses actual boning to construct the look and function of a corset and you do Tunisian crochet stitches to make it more sturdy.

here's a link to the pattern with a pic.

http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-008

I think it's great that you were able to figure out how to make your pattern using reference to a sewing pattern... I'm far from that level of crochet. haha.

Archived