scarf/hat sets I made today

coffeeandcrochet

I made these 2 sets today. The kind of red one, I made with Lionbrand color waves Sunset red. It has a few different colors running through it,(my local dollar tree had it for 1 dollar for a 3oz. skein the set took 1 1/2 skeins).

The white one was made with some thrift store find yarn my dsis found me. Thanks for looking.

crochet07081.jpg

Nice!! would you mind sharing the name of the pattern for the hats? I could whip one of these out for my sis for x-mas.

no pattern really and no name either lol just simple(it must be for me lol) I used a k hook.(leave a tail long enough to close beginning hole to complete hat)

chain 4, jn with ss. go into ring with 12 sc jn with ss chain 1. then 2 sc in each around jn with ss. Then I just did. a repeat pattern across of *sc,sc,sc, then 2sc* in the next stitch repeat on across place stitch marker at end.The next rnd *sc, sc, sc, sc, then 2sc in next stitch *on across place stitch marker at end. then just increase each one sc each rnd until the disc is as big as you want it. once it is just sc around and around until it is the length that you want it. Thats it your done. I'm good at making up my own patterns, but terrible at trying to write them out, or explain how I've done it. I hope this helps. Anymore questions just ask

ps on the white one you may notice 2 rnds that look different, I just went into the bl only, to give it an almost striped effect in the middle of the hat

I really like your hat & scarf sets, and thanks for the pattern. I would love to make some for gifts! Do you mind me asking, is the scarf pattern also sc all across? I really like the way the pattern shows up in your white set, it's ever so pretty.

I really like your hat & scarf sets, and thanks for the pattern. I would love to make some for gifts! Do you mind me asking, is the scarf pattern also sc all across? I really like the way the pattern shows up in your white set, it's ever so pretty.

thanks and yes its just sc across, the white set has a couple of rnds of sc in just back loop only to create that striped look through it. I crochet tight so I use a K hook.

another idea I use alot is after I make the disc shape, and its the size I want. I use dc, sc alternating the two it makes a very nice effect.(remember to crochet loose though)

For a scarf in this way I chain 15, dc starting in the 2nd chain, then sc, then dc and so on across, when you get to the end of the row chain 1 go back and do the same until its the length you desire, its really pretty

Happy crocheting

any questions feel free to ask

Archived