Elmore-Pisgah grab bags: 1 pound for $2.19

renegade

I was checking out the Elmore-Pisgah website (http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/) and guess what: they have 1 pound grab bags of yarn/thread! I know sometimes you want specific items, but I really love to just get yarn/thread sometimes. Their site says the grab bags are overruns, mill ends, seconds and other stuff I guess that's left over.

For this price ($2.19 per pound, plus shipping) you can't go wrong!

Now, I'm trying to be good, because I just ordered 24 pounds of mill ends from Caron last week, but I don't think I can be good for long. I have a feeling I'll be getting some of those grab bags in the near future.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhhhhhhhhh:eek it is a good thing I didn't see that when I was on the site. I just ordered a bunch of cones and hanks of WW cotton yarn.

I would be in even bigger trouble if I had seen than.:hook

Ohhhhhhhhhhh:eek it is a good thing I didn't see that when I was on the site. I just ordered a bunch of cones and hanks of WW cotton yarn.

I would be in even bigger trouble if I had seen than.:hook

-------------

You can go back and get you some of those grab bags. It looks like the special just started today... :devil

I ordered 4...couldn't resist!! I will let you know what they are like when they come. Also- the customer service there is great! I have never ordered form them before, so I sent a couple emails asking some questions and got quick responses. They are very helpful and very nice!

I ordered 4...couldn't resist!! I will let you know what they are like when they come. Also- the customer service there is great! I have never ordered form them before, so I sent a couple emails asking some questions and got quick responses. They are very helpful and very nice!

If you think the cutomer service is great, wait till you see how fast you get your order.

I placed an order (13 lbs worth) on Wed.8/15 and it is slated to be delivered on Monday 8/20. It is shipped by UPS, so not weekend deliveries.:hook

When I go to the site, I don't see the grab bags. Can you point me in the right direction on the site? Thanks!

I emailed them and they said they were overwhelmed by orders, so they took the special down. :( But she did say they'd run the special again at some point, and they'd probably run for less than a week so when it shows up, get em while you can. :yes

You folk are dangerous!

I just had to go buy some yarn from them. I bought 3 cones: one red, one green and one mistletoe to make a Christmas granny square afghan.

Of course before I could check out a six pack of white/glitter thread jumped in my basket. I can't wait to try it out and see if it is soft enough for a lacy top.

Didn't get in on the grab bag but I think I have enough to get started on several somethings.

Thanks for the shopping tip!

Michelle in Southern AZ

Aww...too bad they took it down! Definately keep your eyes peeled for when they put it back up though- I got my order Monday and it was like Christmas! LOL! All good quality but one ball that had a paint splatter on the outside- but I can work around that!

Can I tell you how pathetic I am?

Being the math person that I am, I figured out (to my zip code, might be different for yours...) that EXACTLY 56 pounds of mill ends is your best bargain with shipping figured in. At that point, the cost is $2.66 per pound. If you go higher than that, the shipping starts inflating the per pound cost.

Just in case any of you (like Nght) starts going REALLY crazy, I just wanted to let you know that there is an optimal level of purchasing! :rofl

Then what happens? Is there a 12 hook program?

I don't think so, ya just end up like me.

Hubby walks behind ya in the craft store saying, "Woman found under pile of 1000's of skeins of yarn... we're not sure how long she's been there..."

Loud & all like he's reading a newspaper article... :blush

I don't think so, ya just end up like me.

Hubby walks behind ya in the craft store saying, "Woman found under pile of 1000's of skeins of yarn... we're not sure how long she's been there..."

Loud & all like he's reading a newspaper article... :blush

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Oh, yarn heaven!

Archived