Vonnie's Travelghan--- FREE PATTERN

vonnie

Hi, Here is the Travelghan, please don't sell the pattern: Use it for personal use only....Thanks

You may sell the finished product :cheer but not the pattern......:no

VONNIE’S TRAVELGHAN

th_IM001562.jpgth_IM001563.jpg

th_IM001564.jpgth_IM001565.jpg

Worsted Weight Yarn Approx 30 to 35 ozs

Size G Hook

2 Buttons

Skill level:

Beginner to Intermediate

Instructions:

Ch 108 loosely, dc in 3rd ch from hook, 4 more dc in the same space (shell made), sk 2 ch, sc in next ch, sk 2 ch, (5 dc in next ch), across. (18 shells)

Row 2: ch 3 turn, 2 dc in 1st ch of ch 3 (1/2 shell made) , sc in middle dc of next shell, 5 dc in next sc,sc in middle dc of shell of last row, continue across end with 3dc (1/2 shell) in top of 1st dc of last row.

Row 3: ch1 turn, sc in top of dc , 5 dc in next sc, sc in middle dc of shell of last row, 5 dc in next sc continue across, end with sc in top of 1st dc of 1/2 shell from last row.

Row 4-93: repeat Row 2 and 3

Strap: (make 2)

Fold afghan into thirds and meet in the middle. At this point you should have 6 shells on each fold. At the top of shell 7, attach yarn with a *sc, and then do a shell in the sc from last row, sc in top of next shell. Ch 3 and turn. 2 dc in same sc, sc in top of next shell. 3 dc in sc ch 1 ,turn, sc in ch 1, shell in next sc, of last row, sc in last dc of half shell, ch 3 turn*and turn and repeat until strap is at desired length , ending with a shell stitch.

Attach button in first shell of strap (the strap should then wrap around the afghan like a sleeping bag) and attach last shell through the button to secure.

Handle: Between straps, repeat pattern for strap once. Continue for desired length

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH--------I'm so excited. Must get started right away. We are driving on a two week trip starting Sept 8th --- will do a two-toned grey if we take the truck or earthtones if we take my car. OKAY HUBBY, decide which vehicle we are driving -- I'm headed for the LYS!

Thank you!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

:woo and :day , my Mom asked for something like this to take to hockey games, who knew I would find it here, silly me, of course I can find almost anything on the 'ville. :yes

Thanks for sharing this excellent pattern. :yay

Oh yeah!

I just asked if you were going to share or sell this in one of your testers threads! I make things for cancer patients and this is the BEST pattern! Thank you so so much for sharing it!!! I love it!!!

Thank you soooo much for sharing the pattern. I love the idea alot. Makes a great gift. I was looking at the pattern and I just want to know, how to do a 1/2 shell. I have never done that stitch before. It's probably easy.

Carol:hook

Vonnie

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for your pattern :flower. I love :bheart your idea and it is a wonderful way to support family and friends when people aren't well. even as a personal item it's great :tup

:ty again and I'll be making one as soon as I can :hook

:cheer :cheer :cheer

Vonnie, can you tell be how big this is? Is it like a lapghan? I am thinking it would be cool to make Arden (age 2) one for trips. they drive from Pittsburgh to Lancaster for holidays, etc. I think it would be perfect!!

Now, what colors?

:hug,

Lorry

Thank you So much for allowing us use of this pattern. I just think it is fabulous.

I already started mine last night (Vonnie was kind enough to send me this pattern privately :hug ) So that I could make one for a dear friend of mine that was diagnoised w/ Advanced Kidney Cancer and beginning treatments after her surgery at the end of the month.

thank you again Vonnie

Thank you for sharing this pattern! My parents live in MN and my mother keeps blankets in the car in the winter to use while waiting for the heater to kick in, this would be perfect! Now the question is, should it be in the Vikings colors or the Gophers? :blush

Archived