Crocus58

Rising Sun Doily

I am totally blown away at your fine piece ... I'll be going to the link to scope out the pattern but know it's way more than I can tackle right now. Nevertheless I simply love what you accomplished.

Beautiful Doily!!

Nice job, I love it! :manyheart Looks better than the original. :yes

That is fantastic! Your pattern link is also very interesting. Are you planning to make any more of the designs?

I ve been wanting to make this for ages .... Yours looks great :manyheart , greatwork

Very beautiful!

Wow Beautiful, Thanks for sharing and thanks for the link. I have never been to that site before! D:)

turned out very nice i have that doily on my wall from my srping secret pal its so pretty i was tempted to do it in yarn but never got around to it

It looks great. I reallly like the pattern. I've had it printed for some time now but haven't made it yet.

Marcia

Yours looks way better than the one in their picture--better blocked or more even, or something. I really like the pattern, too--very pretty!

Very nice! :clap

I'm in awe of those who work with thread. Trying to make a few snowflakes usually does me in!

Anna

Beautiful, beautiful! And thanks so much for the link as well. I'm from ND and I had no idea about looking on the NDSU web site for vintage crochet patterns. What a wonderful resource! Thank you so much for sharing both the link and your own doily with us.

:hook:cheer:clap:hook

Stunning. And I agree, yours actually looks better than the original!

I agree with everyone else. Yours looks so much better than the original. How large did it end up being?

Thanks for all the compliments - you make me blush. I didn't follow the pattern exactly (I seldom do), which could be why mine does not match the one shown in the pattern. It wasn't turning out the way I wanted so I changed some of the dtc's to tc's and some of the tc's to dc's, etc. It still came out to over 18" (I used #10 thread and the pattern called for #20).

I love this site so do plan to work the other patterns too . . . .