Case for Knitting and Crochet Needles

goodie2shoes

Didn't know where to put this but I had to show it off shhhhhhhhhhhh it is not crocheted!

I was so proud of myself look what I sewed from scraps this is the one that holds my knitting needles, afghan hooks and circular needles ..I have another roll in progress that is just crochet needles, I am not a good sewer, but I knew what I wanted so I looked at what was available for sale and just winged it... I will start the crochet hook roll tomorrow whew......I am not a sewer, but I love the way my needles don't roll around and clank anymore. I have a small book like case that I crocheted for my hooks a few years ago it is looking worn so wish me luck, I am designing it like this one as I go... couple views closed , unrolled and flap up.

clipboard01pr7.jpg

clipboard2ky9.jpg

clipboard3ke5.jpg

That is ver pretty, I love the fabric

Remnant department of Walmart, it looks very oriental, the other material I got has a black background an Butterflys of silver purple with accents of blue. Can't wait! I have never sewn with this sort of fabric it is sort of like the lining you see in jewlery boxes etc.

Remnant department of Walmart, it looks very oriental, the other material I got has a black background an Butterflys of silver purple with accents of blue. Can't wait! I have never sewn with this sort of fabric it is sort of like the lining you see in jewlery boxes etc.

I will have to run to Wal-Mart, I love butterflies and my favorite colors are blue and silver

Very pretty! For being a 'not a good sewer' I think you did a fantastic job! I have a roll I made myself earlier this year. I didn't make the pocket at the bottom so big, but put a strip of elastic about halfway up and divided it into pockets as well. It works great, and is soooo convienent for travel.

Very pretty! For being a 'not a good sewer' I think you did a fantastic job! I have a roll I made myself earlier this year. I didn't make the pocket at the bottom so big, but put a strip of elastic about halfway up and divided it into pockets as well. It works great, and is soooo convienent for travel.

I made the upper pockets go all the way up and down, then the front shorter pockets (two are wide for circular needles) and the other divided for my shorter afghan needles , the longer afghan hooks are in the back on one side and knitting needles paired on the other.......hmmm elastic didn't think of that. Good Idea hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

if you check planetjunes website she has a tutorial on how to make a crochet hook case almost like the one you made for your kniting needles!

looks great. love the fabric!

WOW I just looked at her pattern she has piping and everything, LOL, I just acted like it was a sewn shut pillow case with a pocket on front, so I wouldn't be too intimidated!!!

Archived