HappyBunny

Would like to learn Hairpin Lace!

I am interested in learning Hairpin Lace and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's a good book, kit or pattern to start with? Is there a Hairpin loom (not sure what else to call it...) that is best to start with?

Thanks! :)

Kim

hi! there is a free tutorial online at stitch diva, they also have really beautiful, unique patterns for sale. http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=73

Wright's (the makers of Boye crochet hooks) has quite a bit of free hairpin how-to's:

http://www.wrights.com/wrights/class/needlework/class_needle.htm

this hairpin tool goes up to 4" which I have seen in enough patterns to want to get it: http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=010020

you can google with with search:

+"how to" +hairpin +crochet

and there is a booklet for sale on hairpin that I bought...

haven't tried it yet but it is on my list

Thanks so much for the info! I saw someone's post in one of the forums about a Hairpin Lace top she had made from a Stitch Diva pattern but I didn't know they also had a free tutorial online.

Kim

Stitch Diva also has some beautiful hairpin lace looms for sale (:dreaming). They are made of woods like walnut and adjust from .5" to 6.25" in width. They cost over $20 dollars but if you decide that you really like doing hairpin lace, what a pleasure it would be to use such a beautiful loom.

I want to make some things in hairpin lace and I would love to use one of these looms (:sigh). But realistically, I may need to go with the plastic/metal combos initially (:laughroll).

Stitch Diva also has some beautiful hairpin lace looms for sale (:dreaming). They are made of woods like walnut and adjust from .5" to 6.25" in width. They cost over $20 dollars but if you decide that you really like doing hairpin lace, what a pleasure it would be to use such a beautiful loom.

I want to make some things in hairpin lace and I would love to use one of these looms (:sigh). But realistically, I may need to go with the plastic/metal combos initially (:laughroll).

I looked at those looms at Stitch Diva! I think to start out with I'm going to go with the plastic/metal combo to see if I like it first. There's a Hairpin Lace Scarf pattern in the book Crochet Scarves by Candi Jensen that looks like it would be good for a first try!

Thanks!

Kim