Other Iowa State Fair Pics

Yes, that is interesting. Thanks for sharing. There were many afghans and doilies, as you had said in your other post.

I think, in light of all that was entered, you did very well with your ribbons. Congratulations again.

Wow, I liked the ghan that got the blue ribbon. It is very different, and looks to have taken alot of time. You had some tough competition there. Congradulations on the ribbons you received.

Everything is so nicely displayed!!! I like the afghan racks...you can really appreciate the work! And the doily display is great!

Our entries are mainly on tables and stacked on top of each other.

Thanks for posting all the pics. You have so many more entries than we have at the Pima County Fair here in Tucson, Arizona. I can't get over all the doilies! What I especially liked was from the first picture. It looked like a pink and red doilie on a table. It had red hearts in it. Just beautiful!

wow, not impressed with the displays at all. Items aren't shown in their best light. Lots of competition. Next year you know what to expect and maybe you can leave directions on how to hang your stuff.

I agree with you....

jaye

The fairs I have gone to in MA have had beautiful displays. Doilies are displayed with or without accents, other items are displayed with a creative eye. I think the ladies that do the displays are artists themselves. I have never seen pegboard at a craft display before. Its like a warm and cozy walk around to see the items.

Archived