^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

Thanks guys

Tell- I musta been some relation to yer folks. I eat brown sugar right out of the tub myself . :D

Dale- take some tintypes while you're out there of the scenes. We'd all like to see them. I miss some of the old waterin holes. Jist aint the same here in the OHIO country . :no

As for yarn amounts- this does take quite a bit of yarn,I believe the amount they specified was around 72 oz ?

Don't have my pattern laying up here directly to look at, but I think it takes about that amount. Does anyone else have there paper a-laying there close ?

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wooohooo Bill that there is a might purty saddle bag. You done did some good work on that.

Tell, I'm reckoning I'll have to agree with Bill thar. You sure do sound like you got some wild west in your blood.

I ain't got started on mine yet. Gotta fix up this here toy for a little rascal across the valley.

Howdy all! Gaucho here! :cowgirl The stitches from my little finger will be out next Friday :remember ... You´re crocheting so fast that by the end of the week you´ll be almost done!

Julie, love the colors you chose! You asked what happened with my finger and you made me laugh with the buffalo story! It was with a knife :knife in the kitchen, the most silly accident :(

OKy-dOKy the yarn amounts have me confused (actually it's an easy task to confuse me!)

The smaller blankie calls for 44 oz, the bigger blankie calls for 56 oz. The size 20 sweater calls for 56 oz as well. Does that sound right to anyone else around these parts :think And how much for the 10-12 sweater??

Hmmmm I think I may switch over to the horse blankie instead of the sweater (it sounds like too much thinking for my brain in the heat of the summer :yes ) Now for colors :think Back to the scratching post...

Karen

There are 2 or 3 different copies of this pattern online and they each kinda specify different amounts of yarn, so it's a little like a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure it out.

I can't imagine 56 oz being enough,but I could be wrong. I bought about 72 oz I think .

Anybody else have a clue ?

:sun "The heat of the summer"!!! Thanks for that! I almost forgot that the sun exists! Here in Argentina we are having the most cold winter in years :wcold !!! It´s dark, very cold and raining, BRRRRR!!!!! :wbrr

I thought I could be mixed up with the amounts :think Anywho, I'm switching to the smaller size blankie and will be sure to get extra yarn (as if I need an excuse to get more yarn :hook ) But I do have quite a bit of stash (lucked out at a yard sale on Saturday - a big box for $15!!). I'm thinking white, black, royal blue (each of which I think I have enough) and then alternating various other blues throughout. Might not have to buy more yarn. Wait, who am I kidding! I probably will buy more yarn :yay

Karen ~~ AKA Crazy Horse

Karen

There are 2 or 3 different copies of this pattern online and they each kinda specify different amounts of yarn, so it's a little like a jigsaw puzzle trying to figure it out.

I can't imagine 56 oz being enough,but I could be wrong. I bought about 72 oz I think .

Anybody else have a clue ?

The pattern I printed out (CraftinGranny) calls for 56 oz for a SINGLE color blanket...I didn't compute the other amounts as she broke them down.

Mornin All! I as up with the chickens this mornin and couldn't get on the danged internet fer nuthin. Seems straight now. Thems some mighty fine colors you dun picked out will! I just changed colors and am on about row 8...can't wait to see everbodys workins

This here's a tintype of what i have done so fur .

th_100_3026.jpg

It's quite a piece biger'n that, just folded er up so you could see the colors

'Mornin' gals :flower

Well I'm done beat after that long ride out on the Chisholm Trail this here weekend. Been a long time since I was called "tender foot" but boy howdy do I have me some tender feet today! :lol

Gotta spend some time cleanin' up the old camp site today and one of the livestock seems to have some tummy issues. Gotta get that all took care of. Hopefully I'll get me a chance to work on the project I need to git done afore I take up with you all :yes

Happy trails y'all :manyheart

Squanto

I forgot you are having cold weather down there now. Better hurry with that blanket. you're a goin to need it afore we are .

Crazy

Them's some nice soundin colors. I'll just bet you have enuff if you buy a little on credit now ,you might have enough in your storage cellar to finish er up. I hear tell Ma Barker has opened her up a Genral store, but watch er close. She kinda "pads" the booksa little ,so you might go outta there thinkin you owe her 1.25 ................next week when you go in to pay her, she'll swear you owe her 4 bucks .

( Don't wanna git her riled either. She's been known to tip a few, plus she's in thick as thieves with the Dalton gang, so you better mind yer P's and Q's . )

Bull -don't fergit to have the blacksmith make a new horshoe fer that horse of yours. I been telling you people are a callin him PegLeg. He lost a shoe back last fall on that buffalo hunt and you aint got it fixed yet .

Howdy partners.

Julie, you were so right. The kiddos were up within a half an hour. GRRR!!!!!! :lol

Well, i'm hoping to start my ghan today but we'll see. Ya know how things can get with 4 monsters, the day just seems to slip away.

Have a good one.

Well I'm going to saddle up and go out there to that thar JoAnn's and see if I can rustle up a red to add in the saddle blanket then I'll maybe get to work on it today.

Wyatt~ I love that part of TN we've got friends in Ashville, NC. It's very pretty country out that way.

Will~ Sure I'll set you a jar aside! Do ya want sweet, garlic or spicey? :lol

aka Miss Kitty

Ok, Wild Bill - I've got a herd of cattle to take out west, which will take me a few weeks. Will you still be at camp here then? I was hoping I could catch up with you then and maybe make myself a mite purty satchel. I've got plenty of blankets to go around, since I robbed some off with that last bank heist with my brother.

How about if I come back in a bit when the fires have died down some here in this town and see if you're all still around? I'll be here to chat, but there ain't gonna be much off my hooks in the meantime...

Jesse James

Jesse

We'll let you tag along just don't you cause trouble. Any train-robbing and you're out. You know Jesse's reputation kinda precedes him, so behave .

When you get the time, drop on in. Most of these CAL's take on a life of their own after awhile and just go on and on and on ..

Mornin Trigger, Doc, Ned and Slim

Good to see ya rollin outta them there sacks. Time to get up and atem .Time's a wastin .

This here's a tintype of what i have done so fur .

th_100_3026.jpg

It's quite a piece biger'n that, just folded er up so you could see the colors .

Julie aka Wild Bill~I love the colors you've chosen! Even though I just can't join this CAL, I've been checking up on you all and enjoying the fun! :D

Hi Tab

Yea, you just go back to the first stitch ( don't turn it,just run it back like a typewriter, then start a new first row directly into the first stitch of the previous row .

If you're still mixed up , holler .

I got that, but do I knot the ends that are hanging or just leave them until the end? :think The way it sounds is that I knot the row of fringe i'm on with the one below it. Confusing huh? Well, i'm confused. :lol

Wall, Ah finished tha first diamond on this here project. Ah'm startin' ta wonder if'n Ah shouldn't do just one more diamond er so an' make this here jacket inter a fancy game bag ter hang on mah saddlehorn when Ah goes out huntin'. Don't know iffen Ah got the patience ter do a whole jacket as all this crochetin' over tails at the beginnin and end o' each row is a gettin' down right bothersome. Anyhows heres what Ah got done so fer.

DCP_1149.jpg Tha colors don't seem ter show up so good on the pitcher, but it war tha best o' the bunch.

Wale I have finished makin the critter for the little rascal across the way. Now I'm havin trouble figurin out this here color scheme. I cain't seem to make it without the color scheme. I was thinkin of usin one of them varigarted yarns and doin the whole thang in blues and browns. Then got ta thankin that maybe I shuld do it in windsor blue, country blue, buff and coffee. :think Either way I'll have ta head over ta one of them stores and rustle up some more yarn. Or should I go wit the first idear of mixed up colors. Then I wouldn't have to figure out money for more of that yarn. Any idears out thar fer me?

Hey Tab

No, you don't really connect the tails to each other in any way, you just start each row as you would normally, go into the first stitch with a sc --- maybe I can do one row at a time for you to show you the steps. Let me go try it and take a couple photos. Our camera doesnt have a zoon, so it might be a little hard to see, but I'll see what i can do to help you -- back soon ,

Tall- boy that's some right perty colors you chose there. Lookin good .

Doc -I think any color combo at all would look good. I'd like to see this done in a scrap one to see how it'd look, but any colors sound good to me .

Archived