^^^^Smoke Signals ^^^^^^^

JulieKay

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not entirely sure I can commit to this, but I like the idea, and may at least attempt it so I'm going to take a good name. My most favorite choice (Calamity Jane) is already taken, so you can all call me Pocahontas.

OK...I'm in! Not sure when I will start this but I will! Got plenty in my stash to get it going too! Think I shall be Elsa Jane Forest (aka..Mountain Charley). Howdy Partners!

Howdy there, Pardners. Tell Sackett here. That Louis Lamore fellar wrote down a lot of tales about me an my kinfolk. That there Navajo jacket sure looks nice an warm fer when Ah'm in the high country. Guess Ah'll have ter try an make me one while Ah'm here in the low country. Ain't just sure what colors ter use, but greens, browns, purple and yaller come ta mind as purty colors. Think Ah'll poke around in the back room of mah cabin an see what's there. Meet ya'll over to the saloon later.

Hello everybody! You can call me Gaucho (the argentine cowboy name) :cowgirl I´m loving the Navajo Indian Multi Colored Afghan... All I need is get the yarn... and wait until my right hand is well again... I cut my right little finger and I have two stitches. It aches. Now I´m typing with my left hand... I miss :yarn !!!

Well, how exciting, gang ! We have a nice sized group already ,after half a day !

Kitty- i was a little worried about you. I thought you had the Black Measles, but it was just you tryin to draw on that fake mole and you kept missin. At least use the mirror behind the bar, it should help a little if you'd clean off the grime from all that pipe-smoke .

Bull-somethin tells me you'll have us a saddlebag invented out of this here pattern. Can't call it a purse, cowboys and Indians don't use purses, remember ?

Doc- somethin tells me you have enuff yarn to make twelve of these here blankets. Get to diggin in that back room .

Belle- I sure am glad we could refresh yer memry about the old blanket and maybe you'll be able to re-make it to look just like yer other one those rustlers took.

Wanna round us up a posse and go huntin fer them varmints ?

Wyatt- cute as a button ! Wish I had me a web page to put it on, but remember, wild Bill just dont have time fer that stuff. He's too busy playin cards and shootin the breeze .

Pocahontas- thats another one we're a gonna haf to shorten. I just caint remember all these long'uns. Be right proud to have you along though .

Wea- I like them there colors- lookin good. Always did think you had a good sense of style,with all them beads and geegaws you always wore .

Charlie it'll be, Theresa. That's an easy one for me to remember. Glad you joined upfer the ride.

Calamity- one of you'uns is gonna have to be Calamity and one Jane. No other help for it . Either that or we'll haf to have us a shoot-out and we caint let that happen or we'll loose one of the posse already .

Tell -git into the back room there and see whatcha got. Might have to move your hootch around a little .Don't knock none of that stuff over -- it'll burn a hole right through the floor. How you can drink that stuff is beyond me .

Gaucho- welcome along, and tell us how ya really hurt that finger. You been lettin buffalo Bill use you fer that target practice stunt in his sideshow agin ?

I told you it aint very smart to stand up agin that wall when he starts tossin the hatchet around. Be lucky you didnt lose a whole finger .

I keep on going back to look at this afghan, and I have been trying to talk myself out of it, but no dice! I have to make it!!!! :drool But I won't be able to start until I finish testing a sweater for nandabear.

But, let's see, my name will be, Trigger! Gotta get to the yarn store and pick colors!!!!

Kim

AKA Trigger

Welcome to the posse Trigger. Good to have ya wit us.

Bill, I agree this is shaping into a might fine group. I have a good stash hidden somewheres sos the rustlers don't find it. My only problem is that I may not have enough of any one color. I have to rustle up the stash and take a gander.

Howdy all! :waving

I really want to make this afghan, but I can't start for a few weeks since I will be on vacation soon. :plane But I sure would like to be in on this one.

I will be sitting out by the :fire keeping an eye on you when I can while I'm gone.

And you can call me Tex. Tex Ritter, that is

Tex :cowboy

Well Ah got me a start on this here thing, Wild Bill. Got 3 rows of sc done in Hunter Green. Ain't sure what the others are gonna be yet. Ah'm lettin it kinda grow as tha spirit moves me.

Not in character yet, but I have to say ya'll are getting me in the mood for school - seeing as the first unit I do is COWBOYS!!!!! and gaucho mighty glad to have you - we read about those pampas during our study

Welcome Trigger and Tex !

We are getting lots of interest in this afghan, which is exciting ! It'll be fun with all our names too ,then the real fun will start when we see all the color combos that ya'll put together .

Doc- I think you could use as many colors as you want. the possibilities are endless.

Tell-you're 'a startin out with a good one, pal. Can't go wrong with green .

Wea- we may need your guidance here with all the western lingo if that's what yer 'a ponderin 'this year fer that there school class.

Well, I guess I've picked my colors. I'm doing mine just like the pattern but with a rusty red instead of the blue. I've done the first 14 rows so far and I really like this pattern - and the fact that you don't have to weave in any ends - major bonus in my book. (Sorry, don't really know how to speak cowboy - have to work on that)

-Slim:cowboy

Wild Bill - Looks like them critters that made off with my blanket er loooong gone. Times a wastin so I aim to git started on my new saddle blanket first thang in the mornin

Sounds like the posse is comin up with some mighty fine colors combos and I can't wait to get a gander at everbodys work!

:cowboyBelle

Hi Julie wow this is great. I love the pattern and yes Im in and my name is Ned Kelly.

Im going to do what Cara suggested and make a bag out of this pattern. Mum was complaining today that she didnt have enough bags so this would workout perfect.

Only thing with the bag idea is I will have to weave in the ends but thats ok.

hmm now to find colors.

Well folks The Kid has just ridden his horse into town....Thats Billy The Kid to you. I am going to get this yarn rustled up and see if I cant get this blanket ready to take back to my hide out. It gets might cold in the winter in those hills trying to hide from the sheriff and this looks nice and warm..

Hey, Billy!

Good to see ya here... This pattern has endless possiblities, doesn't it?

Y'all have a good day!

"Annie"

Well, snap my suspenders and call me a cactus !

Never thought we'd have this here much action in one place all in less than a day .

A mighty big welcome to our newest of the gang- Ned and The Kid ..

Now Billy, remember the rules, no cuttin' up and actin a fool and getting yerself into a jam, cause most of these here folks are 'a gonna be usin' their extra gold they panned fer to git 'um some yarn . We can't be a 'bailin you outta that Deadwood Jail agin .

(You'd think the durn fool woulda lernt his lesson by now )

Miss Julie

Not that Wild Bill has ever been known to take up with the lifestyle, but I hear there's money to be made fer a good-lookin girl like you .Go talk to Miss Kitty . She can set you up . I think you might jist be able to TALK yer way into a little money if you know the right thing to say to them guys ...... ask Kitty, she'll help you out .

Slim-yer a'goin to town on that there blanket. Must be gettin wintertime in your area a little early this year.

Ned- how's the rest of the Kelly Gang ? I hear tell some feller wrote a book about you all. Guess you aint read it,, though, seein that book-work was never of much interest to you .

I believe you could leave the tassels a danglin' down on both sides of that there bag, to make it look a little more like an Indian type artifact .

Belle- you git to workin on that there blanket. I'll see if I can rustle up a snapshot of what I have done so fer .

Mornin, pahdners. Ah dun added some of that there Cafe to the mix last night and decided that some purple and cornmeal would round out the mix right nice. You was right about that there pattern too, Wild Bill. It ain't all that hard once ya git it started. Did a miscount on mine an had ta slip in an extry stitch in on of them thar diamonds, but it don't show so Ah guess it's all right ta jus keep a goin with it.

Ya'll have yerselves a good day now. Think Ah'll even go hear that there travlin preacher speak his piece this mornin. Might somethin worth hearin. An if he don' at least Ah kin take a gander at all them duded up young ladies. Might find mahself one to tie the knot with. If'n they don't mind the high country that is. Ah could'n stand ta stay in this here low country fer long. Ah sure ain't no sod buster. Them thar mountains got their hooks in me fer sure.

Tell :cowboy

Hi I guess i will be Belle Starr since my two favorites are taken (Calamity Jane and Wild Bill). Belle had a bad temper but i will keep her under control!She also liked to hang out with desperadoes and i think there are a few here.I am making the Jacket,i think Belle will look super in it.

Archived