Buttons!

mumbles17

• 1 year later...

Wow, this would be a perfect accessory for our out-to-dinner night during our extended family beach trip this summer. Actually, either or both my aunt (also crafty) and I usually end up making a special memento for each of the women in our family as a reminder of the trip.

This would be so easy to make for all of us: aunt, sister, aunt's mother, me, my almost-13-year-old dd, and my 5-year-old niece.

I may just have to go buy an industrial size bag of those buttons!!! I've got crochet thread all over the place.

You know, I might even look for a few seashell beads to throw in here and there.

Do you mind if I steal and adapt your idea?

amy-( and others) go for it- they are really really easy to make - and everyone comments on it - (I did make a necklace - but my daughter kind of took a liking to it and I never get to see it !!_ (* note to self- make another for ME!!LOL)- come to think of it - I havent seen the bracelet for a while either!!

I came across very basic 'button bracelet instructions ( just do a search) - it only had aout 5 buttons for the whole bracelet - I saw these toroise shell buttons and I just knew they wanted to become a big chunky noisy bracelet!!! ( check walmart for the buttons- they are quite big bags of them - )

have fun- thats a lovely idea to make them as a 'momento' of your trip......( and yes- I too have a bag of shells waiting to become .....something !!LOL)

and please post pics!!!

ps- another friend of mine did school colors- thats kind of cool too....

fiona

Archived