Flower Bouquet doily

MimiFL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful. You did such a good job blocking, fitting, and sewing them together, with the border coming out really well!!! I am working on similar patterns and find this pretty hard. What kind of thread did you sew them together with? and what kind of stitch, and how did you knot the joining thread? I used crochet thread and a sortof blind stitch. And on my first one, some of the knots have come undone, and I've had to resow a few of them. I pinned the motifs, spray starched them, and sewed them together while they were still pinned out. Then sewed on the border. So I'm interested in any hints you have.

:ty all. :manyheart

Krakovianka,

I know, I'm growing attached to it! But it'll pay for Mom's birthday gift, so it's worth it. :)

Katy,

You don't have to sew anything in this one, it's all 'join-as-you-go' which is great, because you don't need to attach anything, and you don't have to mess with adding thread. You just have to remember to join when you need to! :blush

I do weave in the ends quite a bit (bit paranoid about that), so there's no way that it'll come loose. I do that when I sew things on, too, come to think of it. Anyway, I don't do knots at all. If you change direction enough when you're weaving the ends in, they shouldn't be able to come out.

Mine isn't starched. I never starch doilies. It's just blocked to death. :P

As I was reading your description of what was involved in making this doily, I was thinking, "This is way too much work". Then I was the picture. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. It might just be worth the time and effort it took. Great job. And I love your edging.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one of the most unique doilies I have ever seen. I love all those colors together and all the different flowers used. It really is a beautiful doily. Great job!!!

Archived