most comfy seat in the house???

is in mommys yarn tote! :lolth_lilyyarn.jpg

my 2 yrold DD climbed in one day as i was organizing "the stash" she woiuldnt get out either! :(

how are your kids (grands, nieces nephews etc) with your yarn?

When DGD was 8 months old I caught her with yarn in one hand and a hook in the other!:lol When do you think I can teach her to crochet? She's 10 months old now. She goes after my yarn every chance she gets. DGS has a ball of yarn that he had to have. I didn't want to part with it, but he really wanted it. If it's not where he put it, he starts asking.

Well the kid has grown up and moved out, so I don't have to worry about him. My problem is the dog! She insists on sleeping on what ever I am working on, or ends up walking out of the room with the yarn wrapped around her paws. Mind you I crocheted her a blanket when she was a puppy, and she sleeps on that every night. :)

that's so sweet! Jessi somehow always manages to get it tangeled in her toes and it drags until she realises it's there. ends up looking like boobytrap wires over the living room floor...

What a precious picture.

I have a 5 year old that loves playing with the yarn, although he loves cutting it up even better, so I have to keep an eye out.

:cheer

i had yarn in my bag when i was babysitting... the girls were around 3 and 5

it was a little backpack with some stuff for them and stuff for me in it

*coloring books

*nailpolish

*my WIP (for after they went to bed)

*something else for them

well they decided to go in my bag to see what i brought for them to play with, no problem, they colored for a bit, did the nail polish thing, and whatever

the problem came when they wanted to play with my yarn, they had it out and a bit pulled out of the skein, tangled... but i stopped them and put it where they couldnt get it, they got a bit annoyed but o well

i let them play with everything else includeing my cell (closely watched them)

check out my blog. That's my daughter with some of her yarn. She used to fuss if we went into hobby lobby and walked by the yarn isle without getting a skien, didn't matter what type. She also stole my Q hook to play with.

Feywalker-That gave me a good laugh.:lol Your daughter is adorable and sounds like a crocheter in the making.:hook The dress on your blog is very pretty and your daughter looks beautiful in it. Thanks for sharing.

I usually give my god daughter some scrap yarn and I got this crochet kit from Walgreens for $1 and the hook that came in it is kind of thick and hard plastic, so that is for her to play with whenever she is over my house. She loves to watch me crochet and she tries to do exactly as I do and even though she didn't get it right I still praise her for it. She is four now and when she does come over and I pull out my hook and yarn she knows where her special hooks are and I hand her a ball of scrap yarn and she gets to work. She usually ends up with a tangled mess but that's okay one day she'll make her first project.

Archived