Crochet Carrying Bags?

I've used a bit of almost all the suggestions at one time or another. My current bag is a shoe bag from a stay at a Westin Hotel. It's just the right size to fit inside my carry-on backpack for travelling by air.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently have two "book" bags in use. They are great for average sized projects, but are no good for large ones like an afghan. I am still prowling for a larger bag that will suit my needs.

Sore

I've got a large hobo bag I got from Old Navy a year or two ago. It will hold a good size project and most of the yarn for it. For Easter my dad got me an easter basket that he said "Could work for carrying around some of your smaller projects".

I use it to carry the yarn for the potholders I've been working on and it works really well.

I have a couple of "bucket" shaped tote bags that came free with magazines. They are great for my crochet projects because they stand up and stay open on their own and I can leave the ball of yarn in the bottom so it doesn't roll around as I work. All my hooks and other bits and bobs live in a make up bag that was also a magazine freebie!

I crochet me a market bag

p_00016.jpg

Both of your bags are really nice (I only copied one picture). I've just finished a couple of mesh crochet bags but haven't taken a picture yet.

~ Debby

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using my crochet shopping bags that I've been making.:lol.. so it doesn't help when I go to the store and need a bag. But they're nice, light and hold a lot of yarn.:yes. And don't tear like the plastic bags from the store.

Debbi

So far, I haven't carried my crochet anywhere but want to have a nice bag to carry it in when I do!:yes

Last week I found a nice sturdy navy-blue canvas bag at WallyMart in the knitting/crochet section ... well made & will last for years to come ... I love it ... great for toting along.

:cheer

I have all kinds of canvas, plastic and cloth bags that I will drag out and use. But now, Thanks to my FGM in WY, I have a cute little handmade cloth bag with matching hook case that I use :cheer:clap. It is just the right size to stick my scrap yarn, hooks and pattern in for the little projects that I take on the go with me, as I rarely take a big project out.

• 1 year later...

I am such a Bag Lady~!

I have a bag for crocheting, knitting, sketching, etc....

JoAnn's new store in one of our major cities,

sold these huge denim-like (I'm a denim kid) bags which had

"I (heart-shaped) Luv to Crochet" appliqued on the front (also one for knitting).

Two outside pockets, and a clear case that snapped on the inside,

for hooks, patterns, etc. too cool~

great for long-haul carrying projects...but I have smaller totes

for quick day, or doctor office visit trips.

~Annie

@>--,---- (by any other name)

I actually have several bags, and keep my hooks, scissors and markers in a small makeup case. I just toss the case into whatever bag I am using, add yarn, and go. I tend to load bags according to project and have several bags sitting around. Fortunately for me, they are all in my little office. I'm considering grabbing up a couple of toddler sized nylon backpacks at the dollar store for using in the car. No velcro or zippers-just draw string tops.

Eventually, I'll get around to making myself the perfect bag, with pockets for everything, and then wonder why I didn't do it sooner!

When I was going to San Diego last year, I needed a nice bag to haul around and use as a purse/travel bag.

I found a nice white bag with pink and gray plaid on the outside. It's lined with a waterproof liner and has many inside pockets.

After my trip, I decided that it was great for carrying projects around in, so that's what I use now.

It also has two outside end pockets that I can put a waterbottle in. It's just a very nice bag.

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I use all sorts of bags, usually whatever is the closest ;-)

Right now, I'm using a tote bag that says "Crochetaholic" on one side and "Too Legit to Knit" on the other :-)

I don't tend to take my crochet out and about as when I travel 99% of the time it's by public transport and I've always go lots of other stuff to carry. I the house I've got a plastic 'box' on wheels which I store my current project in.

• 3 weeks later...

:hookI always have yarn in my purse. Everyone thinks i'm nuts. When I have a minute or two I pick up a project where-ever i'm at. Today was Chuck-E-Cheese while my kids were playing!! Or at home I use a bag I made myself. and a hook cozy that I made myself as well. The true crocheter makes her own!:hook

i use a plastic bucket with a lid, i have heaps of these my sister got them with fish food in them and she gave them to me they stack up brill and nothing can fall out, and i can put a sticker on the side saying whats in them

I use zippered plastic bags that I bought a case of they are big enough to hold eight 7oz skeins of yarn and when the project is done then I store it in the bag. What I do is set up the colors I am going to use and the pattern with it then I make several up at a time and just put that bag in to a handle bag that I had bought at the grocery store for carrying groceries. I don't have to worry about losing anything this way.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a normal purse or,when I feel like taking all of my notions/amigurumi with me, I use a bag that I got when I spent 82 dollars at a yarn store in Illinois.

I use the bags that sheets, curtains and comforters came in.. depending on the size of the project. Plus in the bedroom I have a 7 drawer plastic storge thing (my son took the wheels off so it stays in the corner of the closet now) that I put my hooks and books in the smaller drawers and leftover yarn in the bigger drawers, some is stashed in empty boxes from diapers and wipes and some on bookshelves... I very rarely take my projects out of the house as I very rarely leave the house except to go visit fiance's family and since most of his family smoke I don't like taking my stuff over there and having to deal w/ the smell until it wears off or I go grocery shopping (and occasionally to the bookstore for a mommy day where I just sit and read a book in quiet). And I definitly don't take it w/ me outside w/ my son as he thinks it's fun to run off w/ the yarn and drag it through the grass and bushes. :eek

When I used to work I would take it to work since I would usually get there early as the guy I was dating at that time would drop me off early so I wouldn't have to walk (no drivers license at that time and it was a 45 min walk which during summer was HOT)

I have a plastic box. It works well for at home and stuff, but I made my own bag to take out on trips and stuff, so it has whatever pockets I wanted in it...works just lovely (:

I needed something for an afghan I'm working on, so earlier this summer Michael's had large colorful beach totes made out of a heavy-grade plastic tarp type material, and they were on sale for just a couple bucks - I'm good to go!

Archived