Arch Stitch, #9 63 Pattern Stitches

ezrinjaz

Question

This 63 Pattern Stitches Afghan is my first crochet project, and maybe it shouldn't be, but I am learning sooo... much! I had problems with the Trinity stitch and the Chevron stitch, but I finally figured them out. Now I'm on the Arch stitch and I don't understand what to do on Row 2.

Ch 28 Loosely.

Row 1 (Right side): Dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 2, skip next 2 chs, *dc in next 3 chs, dc in last 2 chs; 5ch-2sps

Row 2: Ch 1, turn; sc in first dc, 5 dc in first ch-2sp, *skip next dc, sc in next dc, 5 dc in next ch-2sp; repeat from * across, sc in top of beginning ch

I've included photos of Row 1, but I'm confused as to exactly what to do after I sc in the first dc of Row 2. Am I clear as mud? Have I done something wrong on Row 1???

Row 1 (Right side):

cimg1596gw4.jpg

Shot with EX-Z750 at 2007-07-31

Wrong side to start Row 2:

cimg1597wd6.jpg

Shot with EX-Z750 at 2007-07-31

7 answers to this question

Awe, thanks, you're too sweet! :)

(I've often found that after I ask for help, I get it. hahaha! I'm convinced I just need a sounding board or it's Murphy's Law or something). ;)

:cheer The way I read it, you are making a Shell into the CH SP and it is anchoured down by a SC into the middle DC of the 3DC from the row before.

You just need to work 1SC into the first stitch, ignore the next stitch, before the CH SP then work 5DC into the SP, SK next stitch and work a SC into next stitch. Keep doing this across the row and end with a SC into the top of the turning CH from the last row.

I am not sure what the next row will be but it should probably replicate Row 1.

Let me know more and I will make a sample and take a picture.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I got out my book and I think Aggie may is right. Go to page 11 and look closely at the picture, it looks like only 1 sc between the shells. If you put 3 scs between the shells the arch might not curve right. I always look at the picture when I have problems with a pattern. Good luck with your afghan.

Ellie 13

Archived