Help with floral trellis stitch, please.

Yarnmistress

Question

Okay so I am working on a stitch I got from my harmony guide, called the floral trellis stitch.

7ch, *sl st into 4th ch from hook, 3 ch, into ring just formed, work a base flower unit of (2dc, 3ch, sl st, 3ch, 2dc)**

Okay here is my problem.I get to the part where you are suppose to start the base flower unti, but when I do it it looks nothing like the diagram. the petal starts at the top instead of the bottom like in the diagram. What am I doing wrong..because when I go to the next part it doesn't make any sense to me.

I hope I was clear in my problem....

7 answers to this question

what if you turn it? I was trying what you said and I agree, it was on the top. I turned the work and then worked into the ring and the petals were forming on the bottom.

Ch 7, sl st in 4th ch from hook. Ch 3. Cross over the 3 chain tail, working counter clockwise and then work the stitches in the ring.

edited to add:

Okay, yeah this works. It is like you are working a counterclockwise circle around the ring. Very cool.

Well, it sort of works, but my petals still don't look right.Atleast the chain isn't all twisted though. Hmmm....My petals look more rounded, but I am wondering if they get that pointy look after I get further on in the rows.

Thanks for your help, I really do appreciate it. I'm gonna keep at it and then I'll post back with a picture of a few rows in.

Okay, I totally scrapped this stitch. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong. My looks all sorts of wonky and it looks nothing like the diagram. poo!

Do you still have what you did, or did you frog it?

Try blocking it. Dampen it and pin it out or at least stretch and flatten it out some and see if it looks any more like the pattern -- with something with that many chains, I usually have to block it a little to make it look right.

Alternatively, go back to it in an hour or a day and see if you can get it. Sometimes I have trouble and then when I go back it's easy peasy! :)

Cute stitch pattern!

Archived