Textured Ballet Style Slippers(pattern correction)

Sonny321

okay now i feel really stupid.:blush i forgot to put the last set of sc's all the way around (row 13). i guess that makes sense. tahnk you very much for pointing that out to me. that is a very clever way to write the pattern. me likey now that me understandy :yes:hook

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay now i feel really stupid.:blush i forgot to put the last set of sc's all the way around (row 13). i guess that makes sense. tahnk you very much for pointing that out to me. that is a very clever way to write the pattern. me likey now that me understandy :yes:hook

LOL Ok now you confused me. Row 13 should be the fpdc row, You are repeating rows 6 and 7 for rows 8 - 13, which makes rows 8, 10 and 12 sc rows, row 9, 11 and 13 are rows that you do the sc 1,fpdc 1, repeat around on,

So when you say you forgot to do the scs all the way around on row 13, I'm cnfused what you mean. Does that make sence of did I just confuse us more ?

nope i got it. i confsed myself again. now onder the slipper felt funny when i finished it. l put in an extra row of sc's i do believe. maybe i'll do better on the second slipper. thanks for clearing things up for me:hook

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello...I'm trying to make these and I'm stuck. I got to row 14, and like ImIHansonPunk said, I'm lost with the fpdc!

I don't really know what you mean by the right side and the wrong side....the side facing out right now is the one you see the details with the stiches (And I'm crocheting right handed counter clockwise). I don't see how I can turn and continue doing the fpdc...shouldn't it be the opposite? right now the ridges from the fpdc face out towards me, on the detailed side of the crochet. Is it because the times you turn it, your doing the sc? and then when you turn again (to the original side) you continue with the fpdc?

I'll try that out and post again soon.

Some of these slipper patterns would be good with some interim pics! hehehe

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an older post, but I just made these slippers and they are soooo easy, and turn out perfectly! Thank you to the OP for a well-written pattern! I L.O.V.E. these slippers, making some for coworkers for Christmas gifts :manyheart

Joy

th_IMG002641.jpg

th_IMG002651.jpg

(clicky pics)Better pics will be added soon

Textured Ballet Style Slippers

* Note*

I made these to fit a woman’s size 8- 8 ½ foot. I have fairly narrow feet. If you have wider feet you can use an H hook or you can either increase the starting chain in increments of 2, or add an additional Increase row between rows 4 and 5 bringing the stitch count to 32 Sc’s,if you do make an additional increase round or add 2 to the starting chain, you will need to change the number of Sc’s in row 14 from 21 to 23, If you add more than 2 to the starting chain you will need to add that same amount to the number if Sc's on row 14. Other than that, work as normal. You can make this pattern to fit longer feet by simply repeating rows 14 and 15 a couple more times.

*You can simplify this pattern by leaving out the Fpdc's if you'd like and just doing Sc's throughout., It will still work out just fine.)

Abbreviations:

Ch. - Chain

St. – Stitch

Sl. St. – Slip Stitch

Sc. – Single Crochet

RSc – Reverse Single crochet {tutorial found here: http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/stitches-reverse_sc.htm }

Fpdc – Front post Double crochet

{There is a tutorial on how to make the fpdc here: http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/stitches-fpdc-bpdc.htm }

Materials needed

Small amount of worsted weight yarn

( 2 strands of baby weight yarn will also work)

G hook

Stitch marker (use in rounds 1 – 4 to mark the starting stitch of each round)

Starting chain: chain 7

Round 1: 2 Sc’s in the 2nd chain from hook, Sc in each of the next 4 chains, 4 Sc’s in the next chain, Sc in each of the next 4 free loops on the opposite side of the chain, 2 Sc’s in the last free loop (do not join)

Round 2: 2 Sc in the 1st stitch, sc in each of the next 6 stitches, 2 Sc’s in each of the next 2 stitches, sc in each of the next 6 stitches, 2 Sc in the last stitch. (Do not join)

Round 3: 2 Sc’s in 1st stitch, sc in each of the next 8 stitches, 2 Sc’s in each of the next 2 stitches, sc in each of the next 8 stitches, 2 sc in the last stitch. (Do not join)

Round 4: 2 Sc’s in the 1st stitch, sc in each of the next 10 stitches, 2 Sc’s in each of the next 2 stitches, sc in each of the next 10 stitches, 2 sc in the last stitch. Join with Sl. St. to the 1st stitch of round.( 28 Sc's)

Round 5: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around, Join with Sl. St.

Round 6: Ch 1, Sc in each stitch around, Join with Sl. St.

Round 7: Ch 1 Sc in 1st stitch, *work 1 fpdc around the next stitch in the row UNDER the current row, skip the stitch directly behind the Fpdc you just made, sc in the next stitch, Repeat from * around ending with a fpdc. Join with Sl. St.

Rounds 8 – 13: repeat rounds 6 and 7 (3 times) end round 13 by joining with a Sl. St. and then Sl. St. in the next 2 stitches (next 4 stitches for the larger size). Ch 1 and turn.

Row 14: Sc in each of the next 21 stitches, Ch 1 and turn, leaving the remaining stitches unworked.

Row 15: Sc in the 1st stitch, * fpdc around the next stitch in the row UNDER the current row, skip the stitch directly behind the Fpdc you just made, sc in the next stitch, Repeat from * around ending with a sc. Ch1 and turn.

Rows 16 – 35: Repeat rows 14 -15 (10 times) Ch 1 and turn.

Row 36: work sc in each of the next 10 stitches, Ch 1.

Back seam:

With Right sides together, slip stitch together the unworked stitches to the Sc’s you just made on Row 36, Ch 1.

Edging rows:

With right sides facing, sc evenly around the foot opening for 2 rows and then work 1 row RSc, fasten off and weave in end.

You can make a long chain to weave into the sc edging rows to make a bow tie, a long piece of pretty ribbon would work as well.

• 5 years later...

Archived