Textured slippers (pattern now available)

Sonny321

I've been playing around with textures lately and using up some yarn that doesn't have a specific purpose.

So I combined those two endevors on one of my all time favorite things to crochet, slippers.

I don't know what it is about slippers that I love some much and really I need more slippers like I need a third breast. My husband asks me: Does a woman really "need' 14 pairs of slippers? He thinks I need help like slipper lovers anonymous, this from the man who can't even look at a new cell phone without drooling.

Anyway I have two new pairs, the red ones are sock style, made with a g hook and worsted weight yarn. They are simply a classic toe up sock, with a row of single crochet and a row of (1 sc, one front post double crochet in the row under the row you are working on) which sounds hard but really isn't. This particular stitch makes a nice thick fabric, which is nice and cushiony on the feet and the texture gives them a nice look.

The second pair(actually I'm still working on the second slipper) Is made in my favorite style. I used two strands of baby yarn and a g hook, I started off with the same toe from the basic toe up sock and continued the same stitch pattern as the red pair, in rounds until it was just big enough to cover my toes and then I worked in rows leaving a space unworked to make the top opening. They are really easy to make construction is a breeze. Pattern Now available here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=873808#post873808

(clicky pics)

th_IMG002621.jpg

th_IMG002641.jpg

th_IMG002651.jpg

th_IMG002681.jpg

Really nice. I have just started on my first pair of socks and slippers are next on the list. I really like the ballet style one and can't wait to see your pattern.

Wow!! Both slipper patterns are pretty neat!! Great job!! (Purses/handbags and slippers~~can never have enough!!):lol At least I don't think so!!

I'd love the pattern. These are wonderful slippers. Very unique.

Nice slippers. And a great way to use up bits of yarn since they don't take that much to make. Since I have always had cold feet, I am always interested in new slipper patterns.

What are clicky picts? I don't see anywhere to click and I really would like to see these as I have a bit of a slipper making addiction.

What are clicky picts? I don't see anywhere to click and I really would like to see these as I have a bit of a slipper making addiction.

All that means is that if you click on the small pics in the original post that it will bring up a larger version of the pictures.

:hug Oh Thank You. I just printed off the pattern for myself (and maybe some Christmas Gifts):manyheart:hook

Anyone know how to make a pair of these that wouldn't be a hazard for kids on wood/tile/lanolium floors?

I just wanted to alert those who have already printed this pattern out, that there is a slight error that I have since corrected. You will find it has been corrected on the original post in the pattern thread, in bold red text.

The main pattern is correct as written, the error was in my notes on how to make the slipper larger. I am currently designing a version for men using this pattern as a base and that's how I noticed it. Anyway, it has now been fixed.

Archived