snowman ornaments

yarnlover66

Those are so cute ...You did a Wonderful job .. Think i might have to put them on my to do list...Which ones did you do??? There are so many to chose from

The snow boys are sooooo cute! Oh! sorry.... snow people... looks like a couple may be snow girls!

First, I would like to thank yarnlover66 for bringing my crochet snowmen to this forum. It has been fun hearing the comments. I'm a traditionalist and only thought of the green and red hats and scarves for Christmas. The pastel colored ones turned out real cute. As far as syrofoam versus balloons: Balloons are an option for shaping the snowmen. However, as has been stated by others who have posted, the shape is not as symmetrical. The easiest way to use the balloon is to crochet the snowman then put the balloon inside and inflate before you put on the stiffener. I find that trying to blow them up with my own lung power doesn't work. The thread is stronger than my blowing power and I can't get it blown up big enough. Using a small hand pump like you would use for balloon animals works the best. Balloons versus styrofoam balls really is a personal preference. Breaking the styrofoam is time consuming and a little messy but the difference in the finished product, I think, it is well worth the effort. Happy Crocheting

It is a great pattern. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I'm going to go out to http://crochetadventure.8m.com/snowmen.html and order more so I can make them for the ladies in my office. It would be nice if they aren't all the same. Just think of all the options you'd have just by changing out their hats and scarves. Or you could make just little stocking hats with a pompon on top. The ideas are endless.

Thanks for a really fun and cute pattern!

It is a great pattern. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I'm going to go out to http://crochetadventure.8m.com/snowmen.html and order more so I can make them for the ladies in my office. It would be nice if they aren't all the same. Just think of all the options you'd have just by changing out their hats and scarves. Or you could make just little stocking hats with a pompon on top. The ideas are endless.

Thanks for a really fun and cute pattern!

Right now there are 12 snowmen/ladies at the site but I know that she has developed at least three additional ones that she plans to add along with some accessories. Thank you Trena for great designs. My family loves them and I fell in love with making them, last year I MADE A TOTAL OF 22!!!!!!!! because the patterns are so easy to follow. Since I sent my pattern away I may have to re-purchase to make some for friends here @ Crochetville

:clap :clap I ordered 2 patterns today.....Can't wait to get them so I can have some fun making them too....

Thank you Trena for sharing these designs with us

• 1 year later...

Archived