Greetings from Al Asad Air Base in Iraq

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awww that is the sweetest thing!!! thank you for serving our country and many :hug to your wife. I have been in her shoes many times and know any way you can communicate with your hubby is wonderful.

this really sweet and heart warming! makes you feel all fuzzy!

Thanks for serving for us and caring enough to do so.

Is there any thing we can do to make your stay or your fellows over there a bit easier? let us know....when we all band together here we do great things!

I can't imagine anyone objecting to your joining us and your reason for it, ESM. Thank you for all that you do, not enough people tell you. Kathy, you are such a blessed woman, and I pray for ESM's safe return to you.

Thank you for sharing your love for your wife, her passion and your willingness to "volunteer" for your tour.

Thank you for serving and for our freedom. Please know there are people here on this site as well as in the states that are 100% being you!

Praying for your protection as well as your fellow servicemen.

PS Welcome to the ville

OH MY What a Special and sweet Thing to do.....Thank you to you and all our military that are serving for our country!!!

Bug :hug 's to both you and your wife for all your sacrifices...

Stay safe !!!!!

It was so sweet of your hubby to post here so you'd find it. I hope he returns home safely soon, and I appreciate that he is there defending the freedoms most of us take for granted. Tell him he is welcome to post anytime.

This has to be the best post here on the ville, and I am quite sure there is nothing that could top this one. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to you for your sacrifice, so that we can stay safe and free here in the US. You and your family, along with all the others serving are in my thoughts and prayers daily. THANKS A BUNCH, wish I could give you a BIG HUG. Stay safe, and hope you, and all men and women serving, are home real soon.

We don't mind at all that you posted to your wife, in fact we're honored :manyheart

Thank you so much for keeping us safe everyday! Come home to us soon :hug

Hi ESM:

I was the first one to read your post this morning before heading to church and there were no posts yet and I was going to post but chickened out.

Wow that was so awesome what you did.... I know my hubby would never have thought of something so awesome like you did to post a message here for your wife..

I said a prayer for you in church and those around you and all service men in general. In our church assembly of God we always pray for all our service men and women wether we know them or not..So you were added to the list.

I belong to Soldiers Angels Org and I write to soldiers in Iraq and Afghan etc so if you or your friends are in need of anything please feel free to ask. You can PM me or even your wife can PM me and talk if she needs too..

God bless you and your friends and May God shine upon you all and keep you all safe til you come home to your loved ones.

Thanks for all you do for us so we can be safe and continue to be free..

Thank you and all the brave men and women that are serving our country. I'm proud to say that my son is there with you.

Take care of you and come home to your sweet wife soon.

Lisa, Proud Mom of Brandon, somewhere in Iraq

Thanks to everyone that welcomed my dear husband on crochetville. It is funny cause he also knows that I am on here in the evening checking out all the posts and I feel like you guys are my family in the crochet world. I am very lucky to have such a good man. I am proud of him. I pray for his safe return and I pray for all the military people that they stay safe and come home soon. I cherish my freedom everyday. Thanks to all that posted.

Hello and welcome to the 'ville! How sweet of your to come here and surprise your wife! I also want to thank you and your wife for all you have sacrificed. Will keep your in my prayers. Take care and God Bless You and all our troops!

You are our heroes! If we can do anything let us know!

ESM,

I cried when I read your post. My husband is retired from the Marines and my son-in-law has been in the Marines for twelve years, serving three tours in Iraq. I understand the sacrifices you and your family make each and every day. We live in the land of the free, because of the brave.

I, for one, do not mind that you use this forum to express your love for your wife. I think it’s the least we can do for all you are doing for us. Freedom isn't free. Thank you for serving and protecting our country.

Prayers are being sent to you and all our military members serving everywhere around the world for a safe return home to your loved ones.

Some heroes wear capes, MY hero wears combat boots!

WOW, thanks everyone for the kind words. Its nice to know there are so many folks that support us as we all do this mission.

I know a lot of folks feel we should pull out now.... sometimes I do too. But I am here surrounded by some of the best America has to offer, it feels good to be doing the mission!

Missing my wife and family aside, theres no place I'd rather be than here doing what i train stateside for. Fight them here or back home..... I'd rather do it here!

I see young marines, older soldiers, airmen and navy folks here..... walking with thier rifles, heads held high knowing that we're supporting our brothers and sisters "outside the wire".

Each time a jet takes off here I stop what i am doing, watch as it reaches for the sky and think to myself "go get'em guys" knowing that today, we're going to ruin some insurgents day!

Thanks again for all the kind words, no wonder Kathy comes to crochetville so much...... you have a close community!

ESM

ESM,

Wow! This has got to be one of the sweetest things I've seen in quite some time.

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for what you are doing for us. I can never express my gratitude for what you and the rest of the service men and women do for us. You all are my hero's.

Stay safe, drop in when you can to let us know how things are going. There are people on here 24/7 :lol:lol. You can always find someone to chat with.

Will be keeping you, Kathy, your entire family, and all service men and women in my thoughts and prayers.

What an honor to have been a part of this thread. God Bless.

Archived