FINISHED! - One-Color Freeform Baby Blanket

yarnmom

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! I have to admit I have been a little iffy on whether I like freeform or not but I think this just changed my mind! that's really cool!

• 2 weeks later...

that is incredible work on that freeform blanket. Another list I'm on, the moderator had to stop the freeform thread there because it was getting mean, a lot of people thought freeform was "ugly". If they saw your afghan, they would think again before calling freeform "ugly". Some freeform IS kind of, well, not my cup of tea, but yours is really nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is gorgeous! It's been a while since I've done any freeform but now I'm pregnant I think I will have to make an afghan for it also in freeform! I love it so much it has turned out so beautifully and in one colour too-Just one question-Was it all the same type of yarn aswell-it looks like it but I just want to be sure before I start- I have a 1 kg ball of yellow which I think would work really well because it's too early to know what sex the baby is. Well done!:yay:clap:woo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:clapYarnmom,

I love your freeform blanket! I am a fan of freeform, but not really of pink, yet the patterns really make it exceptional and enjoyable for me to look at!

Did you use the same yarn (what kind?) and hook (which one(s)) throughout? What are the blanket's final dimensions?

Thank you for responding!

Loreet

That is gorgeous! It's been a while since I've done any freeform but now I'm pregnant I think I will have to make an afghan for it also in freeform! I love it so much it has turned out so beautifully and in one colour too-Just one question-Was it all the same type of yarn aswell-it looks like it but I just want to be sure before I start- I have a 1 kg ball of yellow which I think would work really well because it's too early to know what sex the baby is. Well done!:yay:clap:woo

Hi there, sorry for the delay in responding - I've been away from the 'Ville for a while. My blanket was all using the same yarn, but that's the nice thing about freeform. If you have lots of different yarns that you like, there's no reason why you couldn't use them all. Please post pics of your work once you start - I'd love to see how your blanket turns out! And, congratulations on your little one!!

:clapYarnmom,

I love your freeform blanket! I am a fan of freeform, but not really of pink, yet the patterns really make it exceptional and enjoyable for me to look at!

Did you use the same yarn (what kind?) and hook (which one(s)) throughout? What are the blanket's final dimensions?

Thank you for responding!

Loreet

Thanks for your kind message! (I received your PM as well, and will just answer all the questions here). I too am not a huge fan of pink, so I did get tired of it after awhile, but for me, the fun was in the textures and patterns.

I made it using your basic Red Heart Super Saver with a J hook. I used the same exact yarn throughout (about 5 or 6 skeins?). I figured if it was for a baby, I wanted something sturdy, washable, and yet still somewhat soft. I've washed it now many many times, and as long as I use softener, it always comes out of the dryer soft and fluffy. The final dimensions are...hmmm...I need to get out my tape measure...42" across.

Finally, although most of the blanket is crochet, a tiny bit of it is knitting, because I wanted to practice picking up stitches and learning how to knit in different directions. (I'm a terrible knitter, so I figured this was a good chance to experiment.)

Thanks again for your feedback!

Archived