Just joined

zebracakefreak

Hello all! My name is Jessica and I'm new to Crochetville. I've been crocheting for almost a year all together, though I'm still pretty new at it. I bought a couple how-to books and only know a few basic stitches. I just had a baby in April so I can't wait to learn more so I can crochet all sorts of baby stuff!

Welcome Jessica! You'll love this site! It's great for those learning as the members are so friendly, helpful, and have great resources to patterns. Congrats on the baby, I am due in 2 weeks, and cannot wait to try on all the little items I've been making the past 9 months. Welcome.

Ooooooh! I love Zebra Cakes too! Little Debbie for Preident! Welcome! I do not post m uch, but these women in theis frum just amaze me! They are so talented and open minded, and flexible and MOST encouraging! You will love it here!!

Corn

Thank you all for the nice warm welcome!

corn_fed, I completely agree... Little Debbie for president lol! She got me through all my pregnancies

Mrs President- thank you and congratulations right back! Best of luck with baby, do you knowwhat you're having?

Aloha ~

I've quickly fallen in love & addicted to the 'ville...you will too!

Bright Blessings from Ontario, California,

Jennifer

Hello Jessica! :waving

:mdust:welcome:mdust from a fellow fiber arts lover in Michigan! I'm glad you decided to join us! :hug

Congratulations on the little one! :yay:cheer:yay

I hope you enjoy your time here at the 'ville as much as I have! I too, am still a newbie to the world of crochet but I've learned so much from all of the wonderful folks here! They're a truly awesome bunch! :heart

I look forward to seeing some of your creations on the show-and-tell forum and to getting to know you! Be careful though, posting here can be almost as addicting as picking out that next perfect yarn! :P

Happy Hooking! :yarn:hook

Hi! My name is JoAnn (although my friends have been known to call me "MannyMa"), and while I was born and raised in NYC, I currently reside in (if not enthusiastically "hail" from) Manassas, VA.

I've been crocheting for 40+ years now. I LOVE it, but it was not until recently that I actually started to believe anything I created was "gift worthy" (thank you, Erin, for sharing your rectangular afgan pattern; my friends and relatives were getting REALLY tired of my scarves).

I consider myself to be a tad above being an "Intermediate" crocheter. What I mean by that is that I have "mastered" all 6 or 8 or 10 crochet stitches, and, generally, I can both read and follow a pattern. In addition, I consider myself to be "experienced" in that I know my stitches are "tight" and that my projects (primarily afgans) more often than not adhere to gauge.

In this respect, I think I might be able to HELP other crocheters (particularly "newbies" or other "intermediates") if they should find themselves "in trouble".

At the same time (and given my new found confidence in what I might be able to accomplish given my handy-dandy hooks), I will be looking to other posters not only for guidance -- should I (perhaps) choose to venture into areas of more intracacy -- but also for certain QUICK and EASY pattern suggestions that will be well-received by my "constituents"

(for example: My most favorite cousin in the whole world is about to become a Grandmother for the first time (it's a boy). And while I have the baby afgan totally under control (I went with a 27x36 inch V-stitch; the Shower is in August), I'd LOVE to present her son and daughter-in-law with an heirloom "Christening Outfit" (dress and bonnet; the birth is scheduled for November). And I don't know how to do that. [if I can't get that accomplished, I'd love to make just a hat (can do) and a poncho-type thing PLUS a "Baby's First Christmas" Stocking.]

Well, that's who I am.

And that's what I hope to be able to give to -- and get from -- this "experience".

Thank you for providing this Forum.

And Thank You for allowing me to join, and become part of this "community".

Archived