"Well Traveled Bag" In Progress

SusieQ

I thought I'd post a picture and update my progress on the "Well Traveled Bag" by Dawn Plezsch. I was having trouble with crocheting in continuous rounds and emailed Dawn, who promptly got back to me and helped me out. I also received help from fellow members nela42575 and darski. My thanks to all three! Your help was invaluable.:manyheart I decided not to do continuous rounds, but to take darski's advice and join and turn after every round and it is working out great! :cheer I'm half-way done and should have the crocheting finished midweek. Then I'll be felting it. This will be my first felted piece and I'm a little scared to try it! I'll probably be asking for suggestions from all of you who have done felting before for advice and tips! :2blush

Thanks again for all your help! I'll keep you posted! :blush

100_0644.jpg

Thanks Christina! I just finished it this morning about 5:00 a.m. It's raining here in So.Cal.!!! Yay!!! Boy do we need it.

I'll be felting it this week and keep you posted of my progress. I've never felted before, so this is a little scary!

Does anyone have any felting tips or advice? If you do, I'd love to "hear" it!

Thanks!

Looks great! I made this a few weeks ago and it was my first felting project too! I love how it turned out so much I want to make a hat to match. I have heard that when felting-don't leave your project alone for long-keep checking it. I used a different yarn than the pattern calls for and I crochet tight so mine was slow to felt. I kept thinking I would open the washer to find it was the size of a sock!

Looks great! The colors are beautiful! Just a couple of felting tips...put a few pairs of jeans in to help agitation...and I love plain old dish soap as soap, too...I find that I usually put my felting creations through the wash twice (sometimes three times) to get it how tight I want it! But, who knows! To each her own and Im sure it will turn out great! In no time, youll have caught the felting craze :)

Looks good! I want to try that pattern, too, or something similar. I did my first felting project a couple of weeks ago, and I have a front-loading washer. Once it's in there...it's in there! Fortunately, it came out okay. Good luck!

Archived