My ideal lacey scrap afghan

Here's my idea for

My Ideal Lacey Scrap Afghan

3360396749_19c28e07cf_m.jpg\

Make ch of desired length (multiples of 2) using size I hook; change to size H hook:

Row 1:*sc in next stitch, ch 3, sk 1 sp, sc in next stitch ch 3 * repeat to end;

Row 2:turn ch 2, *sc in ch 3 sp, ch 3, * repeat to end of row.

Afghan is completed by repeating rows 1 and 2 to create a lacy blanket look.

(I haven't tried to explain patterns in these terms before so bear with me if there are errors.)

This could easily be done with scraps by just starting with the next new color Or you could chose to change colors by rows (provided you have enough scrap for that)

I usually crochet three rows of each color and leave the tails as fringe.

In my photo I just crocheted a few rows so you could see what it looks like. I used a smaller hook (G) because the yarn was sport weigh or smaller. Also I didn't use a larger hook for the chain, hence the gathering effect.

For joining yarn see this link.

I lost the file of the picture that I took while originally making this post...sorry for the delay in a picture.

Sounds like an interesting design! Looking forward to seeing photos as your piece progresses.

We'll bear with you on this .... not bare with you!:lol:D

LOL!:lol

Yes, please don't BARE with me!:eek

Thats what happens when I try to writing patterns when I have a head cold! :sick

Is there some place that explains how to put pictures in your posts?

I couldn't get your link to work on the joining method, so I looked it up and found it. For anyone interested here it is...

http://www.geocities.com/mama_bear_007/Russian_Join.html

Here's another version...

http://www.knittinganyway.com/freethings/russianjoin.htm

Ok, so being a somewhat crochet newbie I'd never heard of that Russian Join, but thank you for posting the links! I love it! Looks like more steps, but a much smoother switch in color change!

I find this type of joining to be a bit thick in some projects. I only use it on afghans and tighter stitches. I do use it more in knitting than I do in crochet.

• 1 month later...

Archived