Kristie

Knickerbocker pattern

Question

I am seeking a womens knickerbocker pattern. I have scoured the web and all the usual sites but to no avail:think ....Can anyone help please???

18 answers to this question

Aren't knickerbockers the long shorts or short pants that boys used to wear? They would come to just below the knee and the sock would end under them. I think. Is that what you meant Kristie?

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for attempting to find one.....Yes knickerbockers were originally a boys item of clothing in the 1900's. They are a pair of shorts basically that have a tight waste and cuff at the knee with flaired thighs. They are a trend in the fashion industry for women lately and I just wanted to make myself a pair with crochet....knit if I have too :|

The sew pattern link posted below is a good copy.....but I am hopless at sewing :(

Now that we know what knickerbockers are.....I am sorry to say that I am sure I have never seen a pattern for them.....not even a pattern that you have to buy, or anything in a magazine........your only option would be to find a pattern for pants and then modify it.

If anyone can convert or find this pattern in crochet I would love to make myself a pair! I had a 'knickerbocker' when I was little, but it was a stuffed animal! LOL:lol

Try Groovy crochet site, they have a pair. Also, there is a book called Design Crochet by Dettrick which has a lovely set of Victorian underwear and the bottoms are knickerbockers. You may find the book in your library or in a second hand bookshop, it's a good few years old. Zaraliz

I found a knicker pattern. I know I have seen another-- can't remember where. I will post it if I come across it. http://*****************/web/20010414015342/www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/gp-2h.html My only concern is I don't know if this pattern being on the internet is an infringement of copyright.

I am better informed now. The novice has read the rules! Thanks for the tip.

there was a pattern for crochet knickers on Stargazer's site. I can't get the women's link to work to find it though. I'll try to find you a link when the links there are up again.