Knickerbocker pattern

Kristie

Question

18 answers to this question

there was a pattern for crochet knickers on Stargazer's site. I can't get the women's link to work to find it though. I'll try to find you a link when the links there are up again.

I found a knicker pattern. I know I have seen another-- can't remember where. I will post it if I come across it. http://*****************/web/20010414015342/www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/gp-2h.html My only concern is I don't know if this pattern being on the internet is an infringement of copyright.

Try Groovy crochet site, they have a pair. Also, there is a book called Design Crochet by Dettrick which has a lovely set of Victorian underwear and the bottoms are knickerbockers. You may find the book in your library or in a second hand bookshop, it's a good few years old. Zaraliz

If anyone can convert or find this pattern in crochet I would love to make myself a pair! I had a 'knickerbocker' when I was little, but it was a stuffed animal! LOL:lol

Now that we know what knickerbockers are.....I am sorry to say that I am sure I have never seen a pattern for them.....not even a pattern that you have to buy, or anything in a magazine........your only option would be to find a pattern for pants and then modify it.

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for attempting to find one.....Yes knickerbockers were originally a boys item of clothing in the 1900's. They are a pair of shorts basically that have a tight waste and cuff at the knee with flaired thighs. They are a trend in the fashion industry for women lately and I just wanted to make myself a pair with crochet....knit if I have too :|

The sew pattern link posted below is a good copy.....but I am hopless at sewing :(

Aren't knickerbockers the long shorts or short pants that boys used to wear? They would come to just below the knee and the sock would end under them. I think. Is that what you meant Kristie?

Archived