Harry Potter -Order of the Phoenix

Luna Lovegood had a great shrug ...seemed like an easy pattern for a childs/small woman. It had nice sleeves and I loved the crocheted buttons. I think the bag was sewn but I kept concentrating on the shrug to see if I could figure out a pattern for it.

Hi! I'm new here and I didn't initially see this thread so I started a new one under media. In the new Harry Potter movie, Order of the Phoenix, Ginny Weasley is seen in an early scene wearing a chrocheted vest over a long-sleeved shirt. The vest is made up of granny squares. Looks like something her Mother would have made her! Check it out, it is in the beginning of the movie, during a dinner scene at the Order of the Phoenix.

I just saw the movie this morning. Professor Umbridge's office was also full of crochet doilies. Some of them I really would like a pattern for. Luna also was wearing a really cute skinny scarf that looked crocheted with sort of a window pane pattern in the center and flower on the edges if I remember correctly in the scene where they are recruiting for Dumbledore's army. I missed the vest I'll have to watch for it when the video comes out. I really thought Luna's bag looked crocheted as i thought I saw SC's on the strap but my vision ain't that great. I loved that shrug or sweater or whatever it was Luna was wearing and would love to find a pattern for it myself.

Angie

edit to add: there was something else crocheted; but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I think someone else in the crowd was wearing a crocheted sweater - I remember poking my DH and commenting on it. He was getting a bit tired of me poking him to point out all the crocheting. There really was quite a bit.

I just did a search "luna lovegood crochet pattern" and found lots of boards are talking about all the crochet and knit patterns in the show. They oughta publish a crochet/knit book for us fans.

Anyway on one board someone suggested using this pattern as a base:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60582A.html?noImages=

leaving off the collar, adding more buttonholes, and adding the lacy design to the sleeves and botom sides.

It might work, but the lion brand design is a bit more boxy. The movie sweater looks like its more rounded and a whole lot cuter. But it might be a starting point at least.

Angie

Toward the end of the movie, as the army was assembling, a young girl had a grey scarf that was crocheted. It looked very nice.

It's surprising how much crochet is actually in that movie. I looked for the crochet because the movie was kind of hard to follow. It jumped around quite a bit. And since I didn't read that book, I better get going and read it.

:manyheart

Ginny's 'vest' didn't look too much like a vest to me, but crochet squares on a blouse.

Luna's bolero looked like it was crocheted from the top down without any seems, but I could be wrong. I missed her scarf.

I also missed the gray scraf.

I did see a doily in Umbridges office.

Debbi

Ginny was wearing what looked like an octogonal vest at the christmas table when they were opening gifts. and the shirt looked like it had some granny squares at the collar.. I kept staring at luna's bolero the whole time it was on screen.. I thought it was super cute.

:think I read the book and I thought that Mrs. Weasley was a knitter. :2magicOh well creative license and I guess they figured no one would know the difference. They probably weren't expecting us to notice it with all the other techie special effects going. Never underestimate the power of a yarn fanatic. NiYa:yay :rock

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainangel viewpost.gif

They oughta publish a crochet/knit book for us fans.

Well it's mostly knit with the crochet being to join. AT least that's what someone said on the HP CAL.

I didn't know it said Mrs. Weasley was a knitter... Do you remember where? It said Hagrid knitted in the first book, which I had forgot until I reread it. I guess he would have to be, to knit socks for himself! And in Book 4 he was darning some sock with some heavy yellow yarn, of course that doesn't mean he knitted them to begin with... but maybe.

Debbi

In the second movie you see knitting needles knitting by themselves when the boys bring Harry to the Burrow the first time in the flying car. In one of the later books Hermione knits by hand and later by magic the elf hats to free the house elves. Is that 5 or 6?

I think she knits them by hand outside of school, but by magic in school. In book 4 is when she does the S.P.E.W (I think) so I think she starts them in 4 and she continues in 5.

The knitting by themselves in the Burrow looks like it's knitting a scrap afghan. I think it's probably left over yarn from all those Weasley Sweaters...

:knit

I went to see this movie tonight. Does anyone know if the pin Dolores Umbridge was wearing was a crochet cat(pink of course) on one of her outfits. Oh, I loved her character and her outfits. I found myself looking for her in different scenes just to see what she would be wearing. She really cracked me up....and I want to make that pin!!!!

Thank you for the link!

Maybe that Lionbrand one would work if someone wanted to try a different one... I saw the movie again and it just might.

I saw Ginny's brown top that looked sort of crocheted/knitted. Maybe both. And the skinny scarf Luna was wearing later.

And umbridge. All those doilies. A table runner and I think 2 or 3 doilies in her desk Plus the others around her office. not sure if the cat pin on her coat was crocheted, I did notice it though. If it was maybe it was felted.

Debbi

thank you so much for the link, JoAnn: It's perfect. I am sure I saw her wearing a longer one too with the lacy design at the bottom side seams that really was in blue. Maybe I just imagined it. Anyway, if I just imagined it it is still a great idea for a longer version. I can figure out the extra bottom part on my own. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Angie

In book 2, there are a pair of knitting needles magically knitting when Harry visits the Weasley home for the first time.

I didn't really notice all the crochet/knitting in the movie this time. I think I'm going to have to go back and re-watch it. (Oh darn...how will I manage that ;) lol )

I didn't really notice all the crochet/knitting in the movie this time. I think I'm going to have to go back and re-watch it. (Oh darn...how will I manage that ;) lol )

That's what I had to do... I just HAD to go back and rewatch it just for the crochet items in it...

I went to see this movie tonight. Does anyone know if the pin Dolores Umbridge was wearing was a crochet cat(pink of course) on one of her outfits. Oh, I loved her character and her outfits. I found myself looking for her in different scenes just to see what she would be wearing. She really cracked me up....and I want to make that pin!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that pink sweater with the kitty pin! I kept staring at it, trying to figure it out.

Archived