Short 'N Sweet Help

LoveHime

Question

:devilMore Questions Added In Other Posts!!!

:devil

:shrug

Before I even begin let me start off by saying YES I did check the errata page and I am aware of the corrections

:P !! I have already completed the back part and I usually like to read over the pattern before I begin. I was reading the instructions for the Right front and I noticed it said " Rows 2-5: Work even in established pattern of rows 2-5 of back" I haven't been crocheting long so I'm not to familiar with all the pattern lingo but what does it mean by "working even"?? Does it mean keep doin the same thing as you did in rows 2-5 or does it mean someting else??

Also what is the best or easiest way to reverse these shaping for the left front??

Thanks!

:think

10 answers to this question

Yes - working even means to just continue what you did in the row (or rows) previous. If you can scan and print, or photocopy, the diagram then you can trace it on the back side of the paper and have a reverse chart - that might help you with the shaping on the other side.

Just to expand a little on what Sherry said, working EVEN means continue in the established pattern, without increasing or decreasing the number of stitches in each row.

For example, if you are working armhole shaping, you usually have a couple of rows where you make decreases, then you will work EVEN on the same number of stitches for several rows so the sides of the armholes are straight.

I just wanted to clarify that working EVEN doesn't always mean doing what you did on the previous row.:hook

Thanks so much everyone it helped out a lot!

:hug

....but now I'm stuck again....I've started on the body but have no clue what to do. I feel like such a novice... In

This Pic I drew what I think the pattern is trying to say but I'm not sure b/c it doesn't seem to work out. If I work in the established pattern around in this way won't it make the shells come out sideways? I've already joined my yarn and worked across the left front edge; however, I was stumped exactly where you see my hook at. I keep trying to figure out what the pattern means by saying "Dc in first V-st on back" do I do this Click Me and follow either the yellow or pink lines???

I don't know what to do now besides go to bed...I need to stop working on this when I'm half asleep!

:morcoffee

Thanks for the help!!

I've already joined my yarn and worked across the left front edge; however, I was stumped exactly where you see my hook at. I keep trying to figure out what the pattern means by saying "Dc in first V-st on back" do I do this Click Me and follow either the yellow or pink lines???

You follow the pink line and join - this is the center of the underarm. You crocheted across the left front, now you join at the underarm, then crochet across the back, join a the right underarm, and then crochet across the right front to make the first row of the body. From now on, each row will go all the way around the body.

You will also be doing some increases and shaping the neckline at the center front edges - try this on as you go to see if the front is wide enough and fits the way you want it to. Instead of doing just a half motif increase, you might want to increase by a whole motif.

You follow the pink line and join - this is the center of the underarm. You crocheted across the left front, now you join at the underarm, then crochet across the back, join a the right underarm, and then crochet across the right front to from the body. From now on, each row will go all the way around the body.

You will also be doing some increases and shaping the neckline at the center front edges - try this on as you go to see if the front is wide enough and fits the way you want it to. Instead of doing just a half motif increase, you might want to increase by a whole motif.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

:manyheart

dont feel bad that pattern is messed up all the way through and you are not the only one to have a lot of trouble with it. I started the small size and everything was just fine so I started a large size and omg what a mess I suddenly went stupid I got the 1st printing and what a mess it is So far I have lived without my short'n'sweet boloro. But I know I can get help here when I decide to try again these people are wonderful with all there help

I'm working on this pattern now and was having trouble in the same spot you had, LoveHim. I'm so glad I found this thread, because your pics with the arrows really helped me to visualize what to do!

Thank you!

This was my last finished project! I had ask for help too! I had to redo it so many times! I didn't realize that there was corrections to the pattern at first! Too late, so I just kind of started doing what looks right to make it work, not the exact pattern. I eliminated the 1/2 shell increase in the front too and had to make it smaller...

I almost frogged the whole thing 3/4 of the way. My husband said it looked awful. I stuck it out and once I did the edging, it looked a lot better. Not one of my better pieces. You can take a look at my blog, but don't laugh!

PS Your short n' sweet looks good!

Archived