Home made Teachers' gifts - tea cozy

crochetdiva

I made these potholders and cupcake's tea cozy to go along with some brownie in a jar mix for my daughter's kindergarten teacher and helpers.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/?action=view&current=teachergifts07.jpg

ps the chairs in the back are not dirty...they just have some worn out spots that really look yucky in the photo. Mental note: re-cover chairs, lol.

Ooohlove those potholders! Can you tell me where you got the pattern? My son's class made paper baskets that look JUST like those and I'd love to make a potholder for his teacher. :)

great stuffs :D love the potholders too. was it you who was seeking that pattern not that long ago? someone was, they'd made them once and couldn't recall where to find the pattern. wonderful gifts, so "complete" as a set

great stuffs :D love the potholders too. was it you who was seeking that pattern not that long ago? someone was, they'd made them once and couldn't recall where to find the pattern. wonderful gifts, so "complete" as a set

Yep, most likely was moi. I was looking for the patterns for quite a few...and I found them all eventually. But it required organizing my patterns...which seriously took hours.

Luckily the heart potholders work up SO QUICKLY!!! They are from a leisure arts book all about heart crochet....I am on holiday, and don't have the book with me...sorry.

I have that pattern and I just couldn't figure out how to sew it together. Could you let me know what you did? I did make it but I just have to sew it together.

Carol:hook

I remember thinking that it was awkward to get enough strips made, but once I figured that out I just wove them and sewed then down the sides. Keep in mind I made them at midnight the night before I needed them....can you say "typical"?? LOL.

DO you remember the name of the book it is in? I think it is LA book all on crocheted hearts....but don't know the name.

The potholders are cute and neat. The tea cosy is pretty, I like the colors you used.

Thank you, that was the tricky part. I had asked each teacher what their favorite colors were before hand....but could only use my stash since it was so last minute...but it worked out and all were happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx soo much!!!!! I put it aside so now I will have to bring it back out and sew it on the sides. did you sew the strips in the middle at all?

Carol:hook

I remember thinking that it was awkward to get enough strips made, but once I figured that out I just wove them and sewed then down the sides. Keep in mind I made them at midnight the night before I needed them....can you say "typical"?? LOL.

DO you remember the name of the book it is in? I think it is LA book all on crocheted hearts....but don't know the name.

Archived