Slipper question..

Cranky Crocheter

Question

I am going to start from scratch this this post. I am working on these slippers and the following rows are confusing me:

Row 3 Ch 2, hdc in next 2 sts, inc (hdc in next 3sts, inc) around to last 2 sts. hdc in each of the next 2 sts. Join. So where am I making the increase?

Row 13 and 18 have stumped me too

Row 13 - Am I just SCing in the last row right below where I am?

Row 18 - :think

I just totally frogged these because I was annoyed that I could not understand the beginning and I just did whatever... I want to do these right.. Is it also possible not to join so I don't have a seam on the front?

In row

Thanks for all your help!!

7 answers to this question

I can answer your question for row 3

(hdc in next 3sts, inc)

I would have written this as (hdc in 3, 2hdc in next)

That is as far as I am for now.

will post the rest later

On row 13, she wants you to work the first two stitches as SC and the last two as sc. this will have the effect of pulling the edge of the slipper in so it fits more snugly. My personal choice when working with sc and with hdc is to work a ch 1 but to work the real stitch (hdc or sc) into each stitch. for this row I would just work SC in first two, hdc to last two sc in last two

On row 18 she wants you to work 2 HDC into the first and the last stitch so that you will have a bit of a tab there and it will cause the slipper to rise up on the heel for better fit.

Does this answer your questions? if not I can get it clearer ... yeah, sure, right ! :rofl

Thanks Darski.. I just hate that I knew what that was but how they wrote it threw me off totally.. I am restarting them now..

I can answer your question for row 3

(hdc in next 3sts, inc)

I would have written this as (hdc in 3, 2hdc in next)

That is as far as I am for now.

will post the rest later

Thanks Darski.. I just hate that I knew what that was but how they wrote it threw me off totally.. I am restarting them now..

to tell you the truth, I didn't see that (...inc) at first either. it just blended

Is it also possible not to join so I don't have a seam on the front?

if you don't like your join area (most of us don't) You can break off at the end of row 8, move that join to the bottom of the slipper and start row 9 at a new location. I think I would be tempted to try that myself.

I collected this pattern when we did the Slipper CAL but never got around to making it. Nice pattern when made.

if you don't like your join area (most of us don't) You can break off at the end of row 8, move that join to the bottom of the slipper and start row 9 at a new location. I think I would be tempted to try that myself.

I collected this pattern when we did the Slipper CAL but never got around to making it. Nice pattern when made.

Great idea about moving the seam on the bottom... Def going to do that! As for the other rows I am just going to crochet as per pattern without the whole crochet in row below previous row crap... :P

As always.. thanks for your help!!

:cheer I do a similar slipper by doing a CH4, join with a SL ST. CH3, work 11 DC into CH loop. Join.

CH3, 1DC into base of CH, 2DC into each DC to end of row. Join. (24 DC counting the CH3 as 1DC.)

Next Row: CH3, 1DC into each DC. Join.

Work this row until the slipper is the length you want for the toe piece.

Now work across all but 4 DCs then CH3, turn.

Work back and forth on these stitches until long enough to reach the heel.

Fold in half and crochet or stitch the seam for the heel.

Work a row of SCs around the open top if you want to.

Make a second slipper the same.

:cheer They come out bigger or smaller depending on the yarn and hook size.

Baby wool and a fine hook and you get baby size and bulky yarn and a large hook and you get man size.:cheer

Hope this is helpful to you.

This is my own pattern and I have not copied it from any book so anyone can use it in any way they want.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Archived