Birthday Black Shawl

artemis

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in love with this shawl. You both did a fantastic job! How lovely that you both worked together to create something so beautiful and meaningful for your sister. Great job :)

Dear Friends: Thank you for the many, many comments on my sister's shawl. This is the most comments I've even received for something I made! I put a great deal of time, money, and love into the shawl, and was pleased with the results. Thank you for looking and commenting. It means a lot to me. I love being able to see the things we all make and talk about them together.

OK, that tears it. I'm going to buy myself a copy of Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet. Between this shawl and the philosopher jacket, those two pieces alone make it worth buying!

What a gorgeous shawl! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pattern!!!

Elle

I'm going to buy myself a copy of Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet.

Elle

Oh, yes, it's well worth the money. I also check out many books on crochet from the library...some of them repeatedly.

Right now I have a set of ones on lace and filet crochet...not my specialty!

In one it has the same flower pattern I used for the shawl combined with other stitches...it looks nice. It gives a break from the business of the lace and allows it to stand out. I see another lace shawl in my future!

Archived