where are the coupons?

kat

ok... everyone keeps talking about all these Jo-ann's & Michael's store coupons. Where are yall getting them from? Do they come in the paper.... do you have to sign up for something in the store?

know this may sound nuts to ask, but we don't get the paper(read news on the net) so just need to know if i need to start picking up the paper once in a while.

Our Sunday paper has flyers for both JoAnn's and Michael's that have coupons in them, although I'm not sure if the 40% coupon was in there or not. My friend had one so I went with her, but restrained myself from buying any yarn until the patterns I ordered online arrive. Wasn't I good?:angel

Patty

You can get JoAnn's in the mail when you fill out the request at the store. You can get JoAnn's via email when you sign up on the website.

Michaels is in the Sunday paper, when they have a sale ad. You can get the internet site to see if they have an ad for the week. I think they do it every other week.

We get grocery store ads and the michaels 1 comes in that it usually comes in the mail on Tuesday. No sales this week:( You should just ask the cashier how you can get them to send you 1.You can also go here

https://www.michaels.com/art/online/registrationForm and maybe that will get the ad sent to you:hook

I believe that is is a JA's policy to accept competitor's coupons...

There are three ways that I found to get JA's coupons: the Sunday paper (they too are doing e.o. wk in my area), and by signing up for their mailing list, you will get mailed coupons, and emailed them.

My Michael's has been running ads in the Sunday paper pretty regularly lately, but that may have only been for Easter.

I signed up for the Joann's list about a month ago and am impatiently waiting to start getting coupons (I was on the list a few years ago but fell off it since I kept forgetting to get my flyer scanned). Anyone know how long it takes to start getting mailings from them?

When you sign up for the Jo-Ann mailing list, it takes about 8 weeks to process. One company does them all for the whole chain of over 1,000 stores. The store I work in submits a few hundred every week by itself. Do the math, and you understand why it takes so long. :D

(psst don't forget to get your bar code scanned! ;) )

I recommend signing up for the regular mailer -and- the e-mail list. Often they send coupons to both, and as long as the coupons have different serial numbers, you can use more than one in a transaction. Example: one from the flyer, one from e-mail, and one from the paper. :) (edit: oh yeah, and one from Michaels, too! )

Jo-Ann's does not put coupons in the paper often - usually only around major holidays. They rely on the preferred customer mailing list.

love,

your friendly neighborhood Jo-Ann Team Member :rock

ps: take a class! :D;)

thank you all. i signed up for JA's online and when i am able will also sign up at the store for snail mail coupons. Will start getting sunday papers when i can to look for michael's ads. also thanks for the tip about JA's taking Michael's coupons.:)

"I recommend signing up for the regular mailer -and- the e-mail list. Often they send coupons to both, and as long as the coupons have different serial numbers, you can use more than one in a transaction."

My JoAnn's does not do this. They always try to take just one and they NEVER take more than two. And it doesn't matter if you get the coupons out of the same flyer they want you to pick one or the other... I've been known to purchase one item, leave the store, drop my bag in my car and go back for something else to get around this. :blush

I have some questions. Why doesn't the generic "Craft Item" coupon apply to everything in the store? I mean, it's a craft store. Unless something is fully assembled I'm probably purchasing it to use in a craft. And what exactly is a notion? Does that apply only to sewing related items? Thanks.:)

Yeah, there are some stores out there who seem to have issues with following store policy. My boss is the most anal retentive slave to policy the world has ever known (and I mean that as a compliment... I like to know where things stand)... so be sure that it IS company policy to take multiple coupons so long as the bar codes are different.

As for "craft item," actually, we are a fabric & crafts store with at least 7 individual departments, at least in the big stores. Craft item means "item from the craft department." ;) Jo-Ann started as just a fabric store... the crfafts stuff was added much later to compete.

Notions are sewing notions, such as thread, needles, pins, etc. Any Team Member can let you know which department is crafts, and which is notions. Or, just look for the signage. ;)

• 1 month later...

I also found a really great Michael's coupon in one of the big thick bridal magazines (I forget whether it was Modern Bride or the other one...). It was a 25% off *entire* purchase! I went and bought lots of afghan yarn with that! And my fiance bought 2 skeins of Chenielle T&Q (which is quite expensive). I think we saved about $15 or so. (and the cost of the magazine was about $5)

Of course, that was about the most useful thing about that magazine, but I only got it for entertainment value anyway. ;)

I signed up at the store for the JoAnn's sales paper, but I never got it. So I went to the website and signed up for the email one and I get the coupons through my email and then print them out and they take them at the store. I also get the coupons for the online store too now.

Archived