PC Stitch

I am thinking about buying the Pc Stitch computer software, but I don't cross stitch at all. I was going to use it to do graph afghans. Has anyone every used the pc stitch software to make a graph afghan? I am afraid that the graphs the program creates won't work for crochet. Is the software with it if I am not going to use it for cross stitch? I have a couple of ideas in mind for some afghans but can't find the graphs for them so I figures I could make them. I have tried the knit graph website that has been posted before and didn't like it all the much so I was figuring that the computer program would be better. I have looked at the free version that is out on the web but you can’t print the graphs with this version.

that sounds really cool. my gramma has a pc sewing machine and she's made my son a couple of quilts with it. the machine makes little pictures on a square cloth and then all she has to do is change out the thread colors.

Before you invest your hard-earned money, why not try this free website for graphing: http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

Whoops, never mind. Your post indicated you're not crazy about this site? How come?

The last time I used that sight I got a lot of Picaling (sp) in the printed graph. No matter what I did I couldn't clean it up so that it would be easier to read. And I couldn't get the graph to be big enough for an afghan or to read. I had to bring the saved graph to a copy place to get it inlarged. Even after that I am still having trouble reading the graph.

I will have to look at the sand castle design and the link that crochetsal posted

I have used PC stitch quite a bit. Not too long ago I scanned in a caricature of my 2 boys doing taekwondo. The graph did have to use 2 pages but so do most of the ones you purchase. I just tape the 2 pages together. Here are pics of the afghan done in sc.

?action=view&current=afghan2.jpg

?action=view&current=afghan.jpg

It took me a little time to figure out how to play with the colors and sizing but all in all it was pretty easy. I really wish they would make one for crochet though. So many cross stitch patterns use a lot of backstitching to outline and I like the way it looks on crochet but it isn't very fun when little fingers pull on the backstitching or it gets caught on something and either rips the yarn or pulls and stretches it out. The PC stitch program also stores all the colors for different types of embroidery thread. It would be really cool if crocheters had one with all the Red Heart colors or Caron colors etc...

I am thinking about buying the Pc Stitch computer software, but I don't cross stitch at all. I was going to use it to do graph afghans. Has anyone every used the pc stitch software to make a graph afghan? I am afraid that the graphs the program creates won't work for crochet. Is the software with it if I am not going to use it for cross stitch? I have a couple of ideas in mind for some afghans but can't find the graphs for them so I figures I could make them. I have tried the knit graph website that has been posted before and didn't like it all the much so I was figuring that the computer program would be better. I have looked at the free version that is out on the web but you can’t print the graphs with this version.

I use PC Stitch for making graphs to use for crocheting all the time! *LOL* Just take a look at my web site to see some of the graphs I have made along with pics of completed items that other people have made from my graphs. :)

I also have a tutorial at my site that tells how I use PC Stitch to make my graphs. The tutorial is for PC Stitch version 6 but still should work about the same for the standard version 7 of PC Stitch.

HTH! :)

renwiss - wow that is a great afghan! How long does something like that take?

Thank you!:) It took me about 2 hours to figure out on PC Stitch. (I am very slow on computer programs so most people probably would have gotten the graph done sooner!) Then it took me about a month to crochet and weave in all the ends. :yes I had the program reduce it down to 5 shades of blue for my mom and 4 shades of grey/black for my MIL. Yes, I made this 2 times for x-mas!! I still have to do it one more time in browns for me. I think I may try doing it in Tunisian stitch this time.:hook

I use PC Stitch for making graphs to use for crocheting all the time! *LOL* Just take a look at my web site to see some of the graphs I have made along with pics of completed items that other people have made from my graphs. :)

I also have a tutorial at my site that tells how I use PC Stitch to make my graphs. The tutorial is for PC Stitch version 6 but still should work about the same for the standard version 7 of PC Stitch.

HTH! :)

Wow, Cinnaminn. I have bookmarked your site and can't wait to have some time to go through that tutorial!! I am so excited now. I am so grateful to you and everyone like you that takes all that time and effort to put up tutorials like this and offer them for free to the public as well as offering graphs, patterns and instructions for free online. Without all of you I would not be where I am crocheting today. TY, TY, TY!!:manyheart

Cinnamin I looked at your sight and WOW you have some great looking afghans posted. I will probaly be buying the software soon. I also bookmarked your tutorial for after I get the software.

TY and YW, renwiss & tweety256. :)

Just a word or 2 of caution for when you start using PC Stitch for making graphs - it is known to be highly addictive! *L* You may find it hard to stop making graphs once you get started.

TY and YW, renwiss & tweety256. :)

Just a word or 2 of caution for when you start using PC Stitch for making graphs - it is known to be highly addictive! *L* You may find it hard to stop making graphs once you get started.

As long as they turn out 1/2 as good as yours the addiction will be worth it!!!;)

Archived