Who's on Ravelry?

EmEyeAaay

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted there are more knitters than crocheters at Ravelry but the "hookers" are gaining in numbers daily & there are lots of crochet projects listed as well as some new patterns I haven't seen elsewhere or new versions of patterns. I love seeing different versions of a project all together or typing in my yarn & seeing all the different things made with it. It is a graphic driven site consisting of tons of project pics, yarn pics, etc so if you have dial-up I can certainly understand that it will be slow to load those pages. There are other aspects of the site for those that want to avoid those pages. I really like Ravelry a lot. It's very different than Crochetville...that's like comparing apples & oranges! I guess I like fruit salad lol...I love both apples & oranges but they have different look & taste, still both are fruity sweetness. ;)

I just got my invitation yesterday. My name is happystitcher there, too - but I had to run the words together for it to accept it.

I don't want to put pictures of my yarn or books there, so I'm not really sure how much I'll use it...but I did see some really pretty things while I was looking around! And I recognized several of them from the 'ville!

• 2 weeks later...

How long did any of you generally wait for your invitation? I sent mine in probably about a week to week and half ago, but haven't heard anything yet. I've heard a bit about ravelry, and I want to join!

This is so weird I just asked about it two weeks ago and was invited to join today! I am Sockmad there as well with a different picture of Caper as my avatar. The now ruined granny square pillow is behind her. She is sprawled in her "Please rub my belly" pose. :lol

Archived