Ladycrochat

My first freeform piece (WIP)

That is a terrific art piece. It can go under a glass top on a coffee table. Those who sit around it would be compelled to look at it with wonder and delight.

I love the colors. Tried making a free form bag but i can't get the pieces to stay flat. any advice?

Freeform is trial and error in a lot of cases. Not increasing (or decreasing)as much on a curve with bulky yarn, and increasing or decreasing more on a thin one, will help. Sometimes you have to accept the fluffs and bumps as part of the art. Well, that or kill it with an iron :D, but that doesn't always flatten everything out without ruining the texture.

Edited by Becky Morgan
Kant speeel tewday!

I really like how that looks I think that would make an awesome looking blanket if it got big enough :)

Yeah From what I have seen in freeform,it is about texture,but all in all I like your piece,to me freeform it is about the artist...

My freeform I have tried many different things and what I found best was doing different stitches and hooks..Also adding things like buttons beads.and attaching things like crochets circles maybe to cover up something I did not like,example joining a new color...

I do like squaring it off because it becomes a piece of fabric,easier to use.So I sit back and make a piece then decide what to do with it sometimes lol

I love the idea of putting it up on the wall..

I love the tight ness of your stitches,latley I tend to make open and loose stitches..I think I may have to try it this way..

Well thanks for sharing,and inspiring,I certainly needed it..

I hope my thought helped....