My first freeform piece (WIP)

Ladycrochat

No, nothing new for now, I am preparing for a trip overseas to see my family (passport renewals, travel documents for the cat,tickets and dozens of other small things that need tending to before I leave).......and that limits the free time I have to crochet....I will continue with it when I return at the end of the summer. I am not in any hurry to get it done now. And I think I can do a better job on it if I am working "Fresh" rather than do just ANYTHING in order to finish it! I do not work well under pressure! LOL!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which is fair enough too :) hope you get all that bothersome holiday stuff sorted out (if i'd ever had a holiday i'd be a little more inclined to agree with bothersome than be jealous that you're going on one lol) sounds like great fun, especially seeing family!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like your piece a lot...the colors and the different shapes. I did not see the cassette tape in there at all at first, so I think some of the different textures don't really show up well in the photo. I like it the way it is; I know a lot of freeform is very textur-y, but smoother is good too. I notice the embroidery on the turquoise piece at the top, I like that a lot. and the raised stitches like a cable on the plum piece on the left, I like that. the way you incorporated different colors in sections is great. It does remind me of candy, or something light-hearted at any rate.

(I also like the tile in the background. You must be surrounded by design inspiration, living in Morocco:) )

:cheerI think it is absolutely fabulous and would not change a thing about it, except maybe to embellish it with come beads to give it the texture that someone else thought was missing.

If you start adding texture by using different stitches now, you will end up with a plainer piece surrounded by texture which may spoil the look.

:crochetingThe colours are great and you should be very proud of yourself.:crocheting

Free Form is very tricky because it is not as Free as we think it is and so far you are doing very nicely.

Thanks for sharing.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's the fun of free-form!! You can do whatever you want and what you make is yours. Isn't it fun to try something different?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like it! Don't square it off....

I have trouble when I try to be "random"...but I'd love to be able to do FF, but I somehow think DH wouldn't care for the random nature of it...

It looks like you had fun making it...and it DOES look like dessert;)

It's a bit chaotic for my preference, but I can think of one friend of mine who would love it. I'd advise against adding textured stitches at this point; you've already done so much without that I suspect it would detract from the end look. (But it's up to you. I've already admitted that my tastes run in another direction. :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have not touched this piece for a long time....I am not sure if it counts as a WIP, it just might be a UFO!:blush I have been side tracked with various gifts that must get made, and an afghan....also my daughter will get married soon and wants me to make her a brides purse......hopefully I will get around to finishing this, eventually I hope to hang it on the wall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Truly I wish I could do something as amazing as the piece you have created. It makes me want to try freeform, but I know I would never be able to create something as wonderful as you have. You have a great gift! I wish I cold steal it from you! =)

• 2 months later...

Archived