Bread With Jam Fridgie

crochetsal

I've finished typing up the pattern for the fridgie I posted in the Show & Tell section, so here it is! Enjoy, and although I do allow sale of finished items made from my patterns, please do not share the pattern, but post a link to where you found it! As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. This will also be available in my free patterns on my site.

Bread With Jam Fridgie

Sally Ives/June 2007

post-6506-135897523677_thumb.jpg

Fridgie measures app. 3 3/4" tall by 3 ½" wide made with worsted weight yarn and an E (3.5mm) hook. Overall size is not important, so if your

gauge differs, your piece may simply be a little smaller/larger than mine.

Materials:

Scraps of worsted weight yarn: A=white, B=tan, C=purple (or use colours of your choice)

aluminum crochet hook E (3.5mm)

piece of magnetic strip for fridgie

Notes: At beginning of every row starting with row 2, ch1 to begin. Does not count as first st, sc in same st to begin.

Dec=draw up loop in each of next 2 sts, YO, draw through all 3 loops.

To start, with A:

Row 1: Ch12, sc in 2nd ch from hook & across. (11)

Row 2-9: Sc across.

Row 10&11: 2sc in 1 st, sc to last, 2sc in last. (13, 15)

Row 12: Sc across.

Row 13: Dec, sc to last 2 sts, dec. (13)

Row 14: Dec. Sk 1 st, 5dc in next. Sk 2 sts, sl st in next, sk 2 sts. 5dc in next st, sk 1 st, dec. FO.

Choose RS. With bottom of slice up, join B in corner at right side. 3sc in corner st. Sc evenly across bottom. Work 3 sc in next corner st. Sc evenly up the side (working in row ends to row 14. Sc in first 2 sts, 2sc in each of next 3 dc, sc last dc of 5dc and 1st dc of next 5dc together. [=dec] 2sc in each of next 3 sts, sc in last 2 sts of row 14. Sc evenly down side, sl st in 1st sc to join. FO.

Jam: (rounds are joined, sl sts worked in middle of round count as sts)

Rnd 1: With C, ch2. 6sc in 2nd ch from hook. (6)

Rnd 2: Ch1. 2sc in each st around. (12)

Rnd 3: Ch1. Sc in 1 st, ch1, 3dc in next. Sl st in next, hdc in 2 sts. (2dc, tr, 2dc) in next st, sk 1 st, sl st in next. Sc in 1 st, 2hdc in next, 3dc in next, sc in last. (20)

Rnd 4: Ch1. Sc in 1st st and in ch st. Hdc in next st, 3dc in 1 st. Hdc in 3 sts, sc in 2, 2hdc in next, 3dc in next. Ch1, sc in 2 sts, ch1, 3tr in next st, ch1, sc in next 2 sts. 2hdc in each of 3 sts, sc in last 2, join. FO. (31 plus 2 chs)

Sew or glue jam to front of bread slice, positioning as desired. Glue magnetic strip to back if making a fridgie. Or you can use bread slice on totes, placemats...

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I've finished typing up the pattern for the fridgie I posted in the Show & Tell section, so here it is! Enjoy, and although I do allow sale of finished items made from my patterns, please do not share the pattern, but post a link to where you found it! As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. This will also be available in my free patterns on my site.

Bread With Jam Fridgie

Sally Ives/June 2007

breadjam.jpg

Fridgie measures app. 3 3/4" tall by 3 ½" wide made with worsted weight yarn and an E (3.5mm) hook. Overall size is not important, so if your

gauge differs, your piece may simply be a little smaller/larger than mine.

Materials:

Scraps of worsted weight yarn: A=white, B=tan, C=purple (or use colours of your choice)

aluminum crochet hook E (3.5mm)

piece of magnetic strip for fridgie

Notes: At beginning of every row starting with row 2, ch1 to begin. Does not count as first st, sc in same st to begin.

Dec=draw up loop in each of next 2 sts, YO, draw through all 3 loops.

To start, with A:

Row 1: Ch12, sc in 2nd ch from hook & across. (11)

Row 2-9: Sc across.

Row 10&11: 2sc in 1 st, sc to last, 2sc in last. (13, 15)

Row 12: Sc across.

Row 13: Dec, sc to last 2 sts, dec. (13)

Row 14: Dec. Sk 1 st, 5dc in next. Sk 2 sts, sl st in next, sk 2 sts. 5dc in next st, sk 1 st, dec. FO.

Choose RS. With bottom of slice up, join B in corner at right side. 3sc in corner st. Sc evenly across bottom. Work 3 sc in next corner st. Sc evenly up the side (working in row ends to row 14. Sc in first 2 sts, 2sc in each of next 3 dc, sc last dc of 5dc and 1st dc of next 5dc together. [=dec] 2sc in each of next 3 sts, sc in last 2 sts of row 14. Sc evenly down side, sl st in 1st sc to join. FO.

Jam: (rounds are joined, sl sts worked in middle of round count as sts)

Rnd 1: With C, ch2. 6sc in 2nd ch from hook. (6)

Rnd 2: Ch1. 2sc in each st around. (12)

Rnd 3: Ch1. Sc in 1 st, ch1, 3dc in next. Sl st in next, hdc in 2 sts. (2dc, tr, 2dc) in next st, sk 1 st, sl st in next. Sc in 1 st, 2hdc in next, 3dc in next, sc in last. (20)

Rnd 4: Ch1. Sc in 1st st and in ch st. Hdc in next st, 3dc in 1 st. Hdc in 3 sts, sc in 2, 2hdc in next, 3dc in next. Ch1, sc in 2 sts, ch1, 3tr in next st, ch1, sc in next 2 sts. 2hdc in each of 3 sts, sc in last 2, join. FO. (31 plus 2 chs)

Sew or glue jam to front of bread slice, positioning as desired. Glue magnetic strip to back if making a fridgie. Or you can use bread slice on totes, placemats...

For some reason the photo link is not working for me. It just brings up a bunch of gibberish.

Archived