When is your favorite time to crochet?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the favorite time for me to crochet is in the afternoon. i have finished all my house work. and its time to sit and relax. then i have to get up and make dinner for the hubby. relax time went out the window.:angry

I love to crochet late at night when everyone else has gone to bed. During the daytime I get interrupted so much that it becomes frustrating. I also feel oddly guilty if I sit and crochet too long during the day. Those dishes in the sink just sit there and stare at me and I can practically hear the laundry screaming " Hey lady, we're not going to fold ourselves here!" Between 10 and 11pm thats MY time!

Also on long trips in the car. I've discovered that although I get horribly nauseated when I try and read in the car, I can crochet (as long as I'm not trying to read a pattern for too long.)

Generally in the evenings when I am watching televison. Not as much as I'd like but I work full time and have a family and for some reason they *think* I should take care of them, can you believe that! :lol

I love to sew and I love to crochet so I have to balance it as best as I can!

Now that the fall weather is (can I say?) perfect, I LOVE to go outside with a glass of cinnamon tea on the lawn and crochet. It's quiet, it smells nice (fresh cut grass!), and it is so peaceful. I am looking forward to a wonderful winter here in the desert crocheting outside.

I also love to crochet while I wait for a music rehearsal for one of my various sons. They are currently in a musical where I will have to be downtown with three of them 12 hours a day. NOW...does that sound like a good crocheting time or what????

Some of the girls from my sons' high school have asked for crochet lessons. So I may be interrupted...but what a great interruption to get to pass on something I love!

AFTER EVERYONE'S GONE TO BED ... THAT WAY I DON'T HAVE ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN MY COUNTING ... I DESIGN MY OWN AND IT'S MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE TO HAVE EVERYBODY HOLLERING FOR MOM RIGHT

WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A PATTERN.:rant:bang:thair

Yes!!! and Amen! When the kids are in bed, DH watches football (if it's on non-cable) or something, then I can design, or work on more complex patterns. If I get off the 'ville fast enough, I can maybe do some simple (put it down anytime and not lose count) project before DD wakes up from her nap. On fridays, when DD's at story time, I have almost a full 1/2 hour, so I make sure to take something with me...Okay, I always have a take along bag ready "justincase" :) Mornings are out. Have to get DS up and ready for school, and after that DD wants to play/cuddle/read, and then there's laundry....:sigh

I crochet when I have time, some days are more than others. If I'm slacking to bad on cleaning and stuff then I don't do so much.It is easier and nicer(is that even a word)at night when it's quiet and the kids are in bed. I don't have to worry about hubby since he's a trucker.

• 3 years later...

Usually through out the day when I have no kids to take care of or when I don't have to work. I love to either have the tv on or listen to music as well for background noise.....seems to make me crochet faster....

Anytime I can grab during the day, or in the wee hours when dh is sleeping.

Can't do it when he is watching TV, he is hard of hearing and the TV is too loud to concentrate on counting or charts..

• 1 month later...

I crochet whenever I can. Having 3 older children and an almost 3 month old I find sometimes it gets pretty busy. But when the baby wakes up early in the mornings for his feeding he goes back to sleep and I have been using the quiet time for crochet. I love this forum because I have found so many patterns I want to try....Im now making sure that I make time for my favorite hobby again:)

• 6 months later...

In the afternoon I love to watch Dr. Phil and turn my TV to the ID channel and watch murder mysteries because you just have to hear the stories and don't have to watch so much of the TV but just a glance or two

On the days that I work I usually just crochet in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed, while my husband and I watch TV. If I'm really into a project, I'll crochet at the kitchen table for a few minutes here & there while cooking supper. Or if my husband is cooking, I'll sit at the table & crochet and visit with him.

Fridays are my favorite, it's one of my days off of work and my friend and I get together in the afternoons to visit and crochet. On Saturday & Sunday I crochet off and on throughout the day. I crochet in the vehicle too (my husband and I bicker over who is going to drive :) - I want to crochet and he wants to 'rest' his eyes). I always take crochet to appointments to keep me busy in the waiting room.

I also keep yarn & a hook at work - for the occassional times the system and/or internet go down, I'll sit at my cubicle & crochet.

Archived