When is your favorite time to crochet?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to crochet in the morning before my husband wakes up. He tends to sleep until noon, and since he absolutely HATES it when he sees me crochet, I take advantage of this time. :)

I also like to make smaller projects during my lunch hour at work.

• 4 weeks later...

Anytime is a great time to crochet. But one of my favorite times is early in the morning before hubby gets up (he doesn't mind my crocheting at all). I sit at the computer listening to old radio programs (especially the mystery ones), drink coffee, and crochet. That's the best.

• 1 month later...

I gotta say I'm the kind of crocheter who carries along a project to get a few stitches here and there. However, my fantasy is this:

Get up early in the morning, grab my coffee, jump back in bed and spend an hour or so just crocheting away. Even weekdays! I've gotten to do this only once on a Saturday, but I LOVED it. I'm not a morning person in any way, so I doubt this will ever really come true.

I crochet whenever the TV is on. So pretty much all day. I crochet until there is a commercial then I get up and quick like do something. Wash a dish or two, change the load out, and by the time I finish the show is back on. SO I get things accomplished and get to have a good time during my days.

for me mostly during the day when kids are in school... I wont get as distracted.. with just hubby home. and i find i can get more done. if i crochet with them home.. I find every few rows I have to stop to tend to someone.. and I make more mistakes and end up frogging 2 or 3 rows beacuse I make a boo boo

• 4 months later...

There's only 3 times that are good for me...morning, noon and night. :lol

Seriously - After I get coffee in the morning I do a little. I treat myself during the day if I get a job done around the house and in front of the TV at night. I save my 'brainless' projects for night (like a repetitive stitch afghan) so I can hook and keep track of a show.

My favorite time to crochet is actually when I am waiting for someone like at the doctor's or DH. I also like to crochet in the car so I won't be nagging at DH's driving and the time goes by faster..

I crochet mostly in the evening. It's so much better when the kids are in bed and the house is quiet. If I crochet during the day I constantly have to put it down and pick it back up and that drives me crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived