When is your favorite time to crochet?

I love to crochet early of a morning with my cup of coffee, the house is completely quiet, and it's just me and my yarn and needle.

My other time is before I go to bed.

I guess you could say I love starting and ending the day with crocheting.

Just doesn't always work out that way though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How I wish I could crochet all day long!!!!! I don't know why, but I usually end up crocheting in the evening. It is only my dh, kitty and myself!! It seems that if I try to crochet during the day I feel guilty!! I feel like I need to accomplish something during the day before I can sit and relax and crochet. I feel like I have to clean, dust, sweep/mop, vacuum, think of something creative for dinner, tend to my garden, etc., etc., etc.!!!! Unless I am on a really tight schedule like making 6 or more afghans for Christmas gifts(done that twice), I crochet morning, noon, and night. I even burn the midnight oil. Of course if I would get these great ideas during the summer and start on these projects like sometime in the summer(but it's so hot), then I wouldn't be so tired trying to make 6 or more afghans in like 6 weeks or less:eek !! But to answer your question--I mostly crochet during the evening.

I crochet all day, every day. At least when I am in the motorhome, when we are home I don't get to as often, to busy with mail and trying to catch up after being gone...

I'm with Olive Oil--I have too much to do during the day to be able to crochet ALL day. Wouldn't that be grand? So I usually crochet evenings after dinner. But I LOVE traveling because that allows me to sneak in extra crochet time on the plane or in the car.

whenever I posibly can, but my fave is in the evening whiule watching TV or while DH plays one of our many RPG video games

I love to crochet early of a morning with my cup of coffee, the house is completely quiet, and it's just me and my yarn and needle.

My other time is before I go to bed.

I guess you could say I love starting and ending the day with crocheting.

Just doesn't always work out that way though.

I agree with you...my absolute favorite time is in the morning. I bring my coffee back to bed with me and crochet. My cat comes and cuddles with me.

I crochet pretty much whenever I have a spare moment-between housecleaning, laundry, meals and all that kind of stuff. But if I'm on the verge of finishing a project, I'll usually let the house go till the project is complete.

Evenings are probably my most uninterrupted time-while DH watches TV on the couch, I'm in my chair with all my stuff surrounding me, hook in hand, crocheting away. And while he disagrees, you CAN watch TV and crochet at the same time!

Whenever I can. I work on my afghans in the evening when I'm watching TV and have a carry-along project for those times when I have to wait somewhere.

Im a very busy person. I have a full time job. I work a lot of overtime. I bring my crochet to work and I crochet at lunch time. I also have a two year old at home so I usually wait until she's asleep. Or when my other daughters take her out to play. My husband helps out too. Then I have a little time to crochet. On the weekends I have a lot more time. Im retiring in three years. I can't wait.

whenever I posibly can, but my fave is in the evening whiule watching TV or while DH plays one of our many RPG video games

Sounds EXACTLY like my life. I crochet at night after working all day, between dinner and snack, between kids showers then for hours after their bedtime. Prob is that sometimes I get so into it that I do it for hours after MY bedtime. :D Before he started the midnight shift my hubby would get offended because I wouldn't watch his new RPG game because I was crocheting. I mostly crochet while watching tv. When will these men learn that we CAN do more than one thing at a time? :think:devil

I think crochet is the perfect ending to a stressful day. Feet up...in my own world...thinking of making beautiful things...lots and lots of things...all the time...for EVERYONE...have.no.time.to.finish!! :eek OK so maybe not SO stress relieving.

I work rotating shifts, so my crochet time varies day by day. I generally do most of my crocheting when I have a free evening (I also like to crochet in front of the TV) or in the afternoon of a day off (unless my husband also has the day off, then I'd rather spend the time with him). I've been know to crochet well into the night especially if I have a gift deadline! :D I have never crocheted in the morning though - if I'm working day shift, I have to get up at 5am for work and be there by 7am, so there's no time; if I'm working evenings (or on a day off) I spend the morning getting my workout in and doing housework or errands; if I'm working nights I'm sleeping! :D

I'm just like Kathy... I like very early morning with some coffee (I mean, like, 4 am) and late at night after the kids go to bed. :) And, of course, any other time I can get!!

For things I need to concentrate on, like a complicated pattern or something I'm making up as I go along, I like to work in the afternoons when my younger daughter is napping. I seem to be pretty sharp then. Evenings are fantastic for more automatic sorts of things, like making plain old-fashioned granny squares or dishcloths or something else I don't have to pay so much attention to.

I'm amazed at y'all who can crochet in the morning. I can't even see straight until I've been up a couple of hours!:lol

I will crochet in just about any spare moment that I have! My current WIP is ALWAYS in the TV room, so whenever I sit down there to rest and watch TV my crocheting is handy-like!

Me - evenings in front of the tv (and when I'm not pg) with a nice martini or glass of wine...of course then I have to REALLY watch my stitch count! Just kidding... but it's always evenings....

I really enjoy crocheting at night while watching TV or a movie.

Recently I've been finding time while my neice and nephew are at the park. I'm on the bench crocheting while they are playing. It's a real conversation starter. ;)

AFTER EVERYONE'S GONE TO BED ... THAT WAY I DON'T HAVE ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN MY COUNTING ... I DESIGN MY OWN AND IT'S MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE TO HAVE EVERYBODY HOLLERING FOR MOM RIGHT

WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A PATTERN.:rant:bang:thair

• 1 month later...

Whenever I can and probably more than I should. "Let me finish this row and then I will ______" is a common refrain in my home. I took my crocheting to the hospital with me when I had my knee surgery and crocheted all the way until they took me to the operating room (I was terrified and it calmed my nerves, crocheted during the night when I couldn't sleep and the next day until they discharged me! :eek ), at free concerts in the park :D , in dr's waiting rooms :blush , in the break room at work, at my prayer shawl ministry :c9 , in the car on road trips, while watching TV.

Archived