Migraine blanket

secretstasher

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it's so beautiful! I can see with all the detail why it gave you a migraine. It's amazing, I think it was worth the migraine!

Thankyou all, you are too kind.

After finishing 99 squares and sewing them up I couldn`t face crocheting round the edge. the satin was easy to attach. I got my mother to convert yards into feet for me to make sure I had enough length. (my Mom is great with maths)

I got the sewing machine out and started on an edge rather than a corner.

I made sure the crease of the satin was at the edge of the blanket and went round with the machine on a fine stitch, then zigzagged machined it.

At the corners I bunched up the material rather than folding it. Though it was stressful thinking I might mess it up I am sure there are links on the net showing you how exactly to do it.

thanks again Sian xxxxxx

That is a very beautiful blanket!!! No wonder you had a "migraine", all the work that you put into it!! But from the looks of it, very well worth it!! Great job!! Oh, love the colors that you used--so bright and cheerful!!:cheer:clap

that's gorgeous!!! i love the colours and the way it came together. there is just no way i could do that

Awww thankyou for the comments...... anyone could do this... honest. All I did was get 50 purple centres and 49 pink ones then I swam round in my stash and got all the pinks and purples out and had them in a big bag and every time i wanted another colour I shut my eyes and grabbed one if I didn`t think it would look right I had another lucky dip.

When it came to sew up I just got the middles to go pink purple pink. honest its so easy but effective.

You are all so kind. It makes me want to make one every week and sleep a migraine off at the weekend just to get the lovely comments from you all cheers love sian xxx

The little boy I look after wants the St George flag as he is called George. I showed him some pictures I had printed and got exited at having a blanket in his name sake. So the 19 squares in red were ok but the 88 squares in white are a bit much lol. I have to go round 40 of them twice to be done then sewing up. I think I will be done by the end of the week.

The little girl I look after wants a dress to go away on holiday with eeep that will be in less than a week and a half. I did tell her that I had to finish George`s blanket before I made anything else which she understands and I explained that I might not get it done but you never know I am sure I can manage. I will sleep when they are on holiday hehe thanks for the lovely comments Love Sian xxx

• 1 year later...

gorgeous blanket.

I am attempting to add satin trim to a lovie I have made. Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag? The lovie I am doing is three strands together. I had to do a border with one strand of yarn so I could run it through the sewing machine. I think I have had to rip it now 4 times. I have been doing a straight stitch and I have had to put it down for the day. Thanks.

Rachel

Archived